Looking to get into custom water cooling.

Hey guys! Ive been having issues with my NZXT kraken Z73 and honestly I think it's time to tame my R9 7950x and RX 7900XT. If anyone could give me some resources or guides to get me started that would be awesome!

Proper specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 4.5 GHz 16-Core Processor

MB: Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX (rev. 1.0) ATX AM5 Motherboard

GPU: XFX Speedster MERC 310 Black Edition Radeon RX 7900 XT 20 GB Video Card

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

1stly can you achieve what you want with air cooling ? If the answer is no & still want to get into it then a water cooling kit is how i started & built of from that.

Are you just like, im done with AIO & air cooling ? i knew i was back in the day. Tho srsly, do you actually want to do it & or need this. For me im in Australia & it gets hot as F so i know i need it. You may even be able to get away with a better type of AIO for the pc.

There's a cost factor that's gone up over the yrs like no tomorrow, my old kit was i guess $450 or something today's ones are like way more. As RGB this & that & cost hikes so on. Fittings alone can cost an arm & a leg. Side note: for me i love soft tubing as it's just much more easy to work with. Ill never go hardline ever.

What brands do you like, Stop.... Go watch as much as you can on the good old Youtube to see what you like with brands & such. But remember another side note: each loop must have a tap or you will be in a world of pain as it will be spilling all over the joint.

Cooling both cpu & the gpu how many rads can / will you fit in the case you got what is it ??

Few things to keep in mind:

For all of this is a global standard as G1/4" = 10/13 thread. Stick to this id say.

. Pump ??

. Reservoir ??

. Radiators ??

. Tubing/hardline tubing ??

. Fittings ?? so many different types of fittings. 45 Degree 90 Degree rotary fittings, extenders,

. Coolant - Color - Pastel - clear colors.

. Fans ?? these get fans for rads static pressure known as SP. AF is for air flow, as these fans are for no resistance. IE a Rad.

. Cpu block ??

. Gpu block .....( these can some what be a mental screamfest to understand what 1 matches the gpu)

. Have a lot of time for doing the process ( i take 2 days ) Taking time to

. Get ready for some sore fingers tightening them fittings ( by hand only) or it will crush the O-rings. Unless it's really hard to tighten it down. Hard to get to location, ill use an allen key. slight kick tight with them or crushing the O-ring can come into effect.

Don 't worry to much on the order the loop must follow, pump to gpu then cpu then rads then res. no no no any way you like. What's your current specs: all of it. Sorry for the long post ill leave it there, as this is the just some things. Don't ever feel like it's to much slowly get the stuff if $ is an issue. & make sure this is something you want to get into not for just looks or bragging rights. Hope this helps some what.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

Reservoirs are not necessary, but it can make it easier to fill the loop. I put a 3 way connector and valve near the pump intake, and connect temporary tubing to fill the loop.

On 11/2/2023 at 12:16 AM, loony979 said:

. Get ready for some sore fingers tightening them fittings ( by hand only) or it will crush the O-rings. Unless it's really hard to tighten it down. Hard to get to location, ill use an allen key. slight kick tight with them or crushing the O-ring can come into effect.

This is so true for me and first time I ever seen someone even mentions this.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W