For linus

Striker0G

For an idea why don't you make an iscsi drive share on your server and use it to store your steam game library so you don't need to carry a separate drive for your games and it will be quicker to point steam at the library? Just a suggestion 馃憤

1 minute ago, Striker0G said:

For an idea why don't you make an iscsi drive share on your server and use it to store your steam game library so you don't need to carry a separate drive for your games and it will be quicker to point steam at the library? Just a suggestion 馃憤

It鈥檚 just ease of use. It is easier to just carry a drive and it being plug and play rather than digging through the settings and making steam use the remote drive every time聽

You mean for testing? Because they have Steam cache already at the same office. And for remote/travel speeds wouldn't always be better.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

And for remote/travel speeds wouldn't always be better.

This ^. Having a physical drive can be good, especially if you know that you need a specific set of games/apps that you use frequently, just put them on a physical drive and you can have them 100% of the time without any worry. Also, you can, for example, factor out drive speed in an "on-the-go" review of a tech item if you have a hyper fast portable SSD, whereas you'd have to hope that the remote option has a good connection, is configured correctly, etc. That's not to say it's not possible or a good option, it's just perhaps not as good in comparison to a physical drive.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

1 hour ago, Birblover12 said:

This ^. Having a physical drive can be good, especially if you know that you need a specific set of games/apps that you use frequently, just put them on a physical drive and you can have them 100% of the time without any worry. Also, you can, for example, factor out drive speed in an "on-the-go" review of a tech item if you have a hyper fast portable SSD, whereas you'd have to hope that the remote option has a good connection, is configured correctly, etc. That's not to say it's not possible or a good option, it's just perhaps not as good in comparison to a physical drive.

I mean really it just for games the idea is 馃憤

4 hours ago, Striker0G said:

I mean really it just for games the idea is 馃憤

Uh, non-English speaker? We are talking about for the games. But all these are same, regardless of media type. Though with videos and such, it could be easier as players can cache on device while games have longer loading times.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Uh, non-English speaker? We are talking about for the games. But all these are same, regardless of media type. Though with videos and such, it could be easier as players can cache on device while games have longer loading times.

I think he means have the actual steam games installed on the server, like a network drive, not a cache

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

2 hours ago, Arika said:

I think he means have the actual steam games installed on the server, like a network drive, not a cache

Thats makes slightly more sense. Though still missing whether this is meant for testing or traveling or what.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv