Which of these PSUs should I pick for my R5 7500f + 6700xt build

joey151

Hey y'all

I'm building my first mid-range gaming pc (ryzen 5 7500f + 32gigs ddr ram + RX 6700xt) , however good quality PSUs can't be found where I live

I can currently choose from these 4 as the brands are at least well known, and according to my research, I would need 500w + for my build :

Cooler Master 550w Bronze V2 80 PLUS 
MSI MAG A550BN 550W BRONZE 
Corsaire Cv650
EVGA BR 650W 80 Plus Bronze 

Which of these should I choose from, as my major concern is to not fry any of my other components?

1 hour ago, joey151 said:

Hey y'all

I'm building my first mid-range gaming pc (ryzen 5 7500f + 32gigs ddr ram + RX 6700xt) , however good quality PSUs can't be found where I live

I can currently choose from these 4 as the brands are at least well known, and according to my research, I would need 500w + for my build :

Corsaire Cv650

Which of these should I choose from, as my major concern is to not fry any of my other components?

Go for a gigabyte ud750gm. It's modular and enough for a 7500 and a 6700xt. 500w is not enough 

11 hours ago, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

Go for a gigabyte ud750gm. It's modular and enough for a 7500 and a 6700xt. 500w is not enough 

Unfortunately I can't find this model, and the only viable ones are the ones I listed

2 hours ago, joey151 said:

Unfortunately I can't find this model, and the only viable ones are the ones I listed

What country are you shopping in?

12 minutes ago, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

What country are you shopping in?

I live in Algeria, North Africa and can only shop locally as there's no real way for me to get parts online due to dumb country policies

As much as I keep searching only brands of PSU i can find are those classed in C tier and lower, with maybe the exception of the ASUS TUF-GAMING-750B 80PLUS Bronze 750W

1 hour ago, joey151 said:

I live in Algeria, North Africa and can only shop locally as there's no real way for me to get parts online due to dumb country policies

As much as I keep searching only brands of PSU i can find are those classed in C tier and lower, with maybe the exception of the ASUS TUF-GAMING-750B 80PLUS Bronze 750W

Yes get the Asus one, it's 750w so it will be sufficient 

Please dont listen to people just telling you to get the highest Wattage PSU without them confirming wheter its good or not

Looking at your actual power consumption any of the PSUs u have listed will work and all of them are on the C tier ,outlier being the EVGA being the best one(made by superflower)

The ASUS also seems like a good option being on B tier but not necessarily, but its the best one of the lot, B tier and its probably made by Seasonic

If your not planning to upgrade any time soon,just get the cheapest most convinient option,any of them work ,EVGA being the favor of the  ones u listed.

Best one would be the ASUS and would give you some room for upgrading in the future

But as a whole even a 500-550W PSU works,ur  total system power wont get past 350W,let alone 300W in gaming.

On 10/14/2023 at 6:42 PM, joey151 said:

Hey y'all

Corsaire Cv650

All of those are not good my man. What other options are there?

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

On 10/19/2023 at 3:33 PM, Deadpool2onBlu-Ray said:

All of those are not good my man. What other options are there?

Sadly none lol

those or the FSP hydro PSUs and from what I saw, they're not reliable either

On 10/19/2023 at 2:55 PM, Lukjo said:

Please dont listen to people just telling you to get the highest Wattage PSU without them confirming wheter its good or not

Looking at your actual power consumption any of the PSUs u have listed will work and all of them are on the C tier ,outlier being the EVGA being the best one(made by superflower)

The ASUS also seems like a good option being on B tier but not necessarily, but its the best one of the lot, B tier and its probably made by Seasonic

If your not planning to upgrade any time soon,just get the cheapest most convinient option,any of them work ,EVGA being the favor of the  ones u listed.

Best one would be the ASUS and would give you some room for upgrading in the future

But as a whole even a 500-550W PSU works,ur  total system power wont get past 350W,let alone 300W in gaming.

Hey thanks for the reply!

I'm not planning for any upgrade in the near future, what I'm interested in is to keep my components safe from any issues due to poor PSU

I have narrowed it down to the MSI and the EVGA, as the Asus one got sold already

Think an Asus TUF 450 would be enough as well?

would be on the very edge of safe . But wouldnt recommend it honestly.

Would go with EVGA, they are more trustworthy with their warranty and their components are made by a reputable manufacturer (Super Flower)

Asus TUF Bronze is way better than EVGA BR and twice the warranty period. No reason to go for the EVGA.

2 hours ago, Lukjo said:

and their components are made by a reputable manufacturer (Super Flower)

LOL, no. Only B3, P2 and T2. All others come from Andyson, FSP, HEC, High Power, Seasonic and TBD. BR is made by HEC.