Ryzen 5 5600u + 3050 laptop idle power consumption almost same to Ryzen 5 5600x + 3070ti desktop. Help.

Mahbub

Sp My desktop which has a Ryzen 5 5600x + 3070ti uses roughly 80 to 90 watts during idle and peaks to 130 to 160 watts sometimes when I open Chrome and do stuff (monitor power consumption included). To reduce some power consumption I thought to use the laptop and connected it to the monitor for programming. But my Ryzen 5 5600u + 3050 laptop during idle uses 70 ish watts in idle and peaks to 110 to 130 watts(monitor power consumption included) which is close to the usage of the desktop. I am curious to know how. I thought my laptop would consume significantly less power than the desktop. Kindly help. Thanks.

54 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

Sp My desktop which has a Ryzen 5 5600x + 3070ti uses roughly 80 to 90 watts during idle and peaks to 130 to 160 watts sometimes when I open Chrome and do stuff (monitor power consumption included). To reduce some power consumption I thought to use the laptop and connected it to the monitor for programming. But my Ryzen 5 5600u + 3050 laptop during idle uses 70 ish watts in idle and peaks to 110 to 130 watts(monitor power consumption included) which is close to the usage of the desktop. I am curious to know how. I thought my laptop would consume significantly less power than the desktop. Kindly help. Thanks.

What is the power plan set to on the laptop?
image.png.ca34eec6b22b41ab151e3571e8fdfad3.png

8 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

What is the power plan set to on the laptop?
image.png.ca34eec6b22b41ab151e3571e8fdfad3.png

both pc and laptop are set to low power mode...

44 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

both pc and laptop are set to low power mode...

Could be because the Ryzen 5 5600u also has onboard graphics that can work or be used with the 3050. You can try to go into the BIOS on the laptop and disable the iGPU on the Ryzen 5 5600u.

3 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Could be because the Ryzen 5 5600u also has onboard graphics that can work or be used with the 3050. You can try to go into the BIOS on the laptop and disable the iGPU on the Ryzen 5 5600u.

i actually want to have the integrated one for less power consumption

10 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

i actually want to have the integrated one for less power consumption

Then there might be a way to disable the 3050 in the BIOS.