GPU and Heatsink marks on surface.

Charmsv

Hello, i was wondering if this is the right place to ask for some advice on my gpu ( RTX 3080), i was going to repaste it because for some reason i was detecting high temps on the Hot Spot up to 103 ( image reference ) while memory maxing at 88-90s while gaming, i use this gpu also for video editing constantly, before i was reaching barley to 90 on the hot spot and also i noticed games are starting to randomly stutter ( a hint that made me check the temps ). I decided to repaste it since i was told that the hotspot temps are referring to the highest temperature on the die (also paste was a little dry) , then when accessing and cleaning the die and heatsink to repaste i found out a mark on both. Should just repasting after a good cleaning of the surfaces work? Die feels smooth, but on the heatsink it feels a slight depression barely felt. Any recommendation would be appreciated, i had this card for almost two years so i am out of warranty.

die1.jpg

die2.jpg

heatsink.jpg

heatsink2.jpg

heatsink3.jpg

heatsink4.jpg

temps.png

41 minutes ago, Charmsv said:

Should just repasting after a good cleaning of the surfaces work?

Yes unless that ''dent'' is to deep but it doesn't look like it.

I'd repaste and see how she runs.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

It's probably allright. Defects on the die are not that uncommon , The silicon itself is quite far down.

What I would suggest is repasting it with PTM7950 , Its almost as good as liquid metal with non of the drawbacks.

With regards to the memory has it been repasted before? 

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset