Smart RGB bulbs that do not require account or Internet (local only)

Kriz

Hi

I was always interested in mood lighting but with single color pure electric bulbs I hardly ever used it. I was planning to use Philips Hue bulbs but with announcement that it will require account even for local use I'm glad I haven't invested in this brands lighting. The problem is what now ? My needs are not massive one maybe two rooms, 5 rgb bulbs (6 at most) power state support when there is lack of electricity and easy way to turn lights on and off and change modes with some sort of wall mounted remote. From LTT videos I'm aware of Zigbee but with so many manufacturers and plain false advertising it's not easy to find something that will work the way you want. And as much as I want fancy atmospheric lighting I don't want to be left without lights when my Internet connection drops out or proverbial eye of Sauron notices me and I get my account suspended for some bs reason.

If anyone uses such solution that work the way I have described it would help a lot to get some consumer advice. Oh and easy availability in Eastern Europe would be great cause that's where I live. I have good Ethernet and Wi-Fi coverage in my house BTW.

Thanks for any tips in advance.

i think there was a short time were there use to be bt bubles but thats all gone now. its all about collecting data to sell.

i had this problem with on/off timers... i did find one but i can only use one per house...

i think there was a hub  Hubitat Elevation Home Automation Hub that was off line but need to be atavated on line first... but i have not got it.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

14 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

i think there was a short time were there use to be bt bubles but thats all gone now. its all about collecting data to sell.

i had this problem with on/off timers... i did find one but i can only use one per house...

i think there was a hub  Hubitat Elevation Home Automation Hub that was off line but need to be atavated on line first... but i have not got it.

I don't have a Microsoft account connected to my PC, I don't have Google account connected to my phone. I will not use light bulbs that need an account. So I guess I will have to get clever with the use of electrical switches and extension cords. Thanks anyway.