Shortcut to toggle CPU turbo.

Go to solution Solved by unclewebb,
10 hours ago, Hensen Juang said:

which toggles CPU turbo mode on and off

Set up two profiles in ThrottleStop. One with the Disable Turbo box clear and the second profile with Disable Turbo checked. Set up two keyboard shortcuts within ThrottleStop so you can easily switch profiles while in game. 

CTRL + ALT + 1 to switch to Profile 1 

CTRL + ALT + 2 to switch to Profile 2

You can define the two hotkeys however you like.

Push the HotKeys button in the Options window to access the Hotkey Manager.

image.png.3b7c1aaffa1d50075e5f823597e27bd9.png

I want to make a shortcut which toggles CPU turbo mode on and off. Throttlestop can control CPU turbo but and doesn't have a shortcut. What program can I use to achieve this?

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

6 minutes ago, Hensen Juang said:

I want to make a shortcut which toggles CPU turbo mode on and off. Throttlestop can control CPU turbo but and doesn't have a shortcut. What program can I use to achieve this?

but but WHY

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

@Failure 101 why do u need to know that😑? You should work with whatever information you have. Ok whatever, I have a laptop which power throttles like heck, so while playing games I want to have an instant toggle for CPU turbo so that when the situation is not intense, I toggle the CPU turbo mode to off so that its turbo timer goes up and when I switch it back on, my CPU should be drawing more power for a while when the situation is intense in the game.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

2 hours ago, Hensen Juang said:

@Failure 101 why do u need to know that😑? You should work with whatever information you have. Ok whatever, I have a laptop which power throttles like heck, so while playing games I want to have an instant toggle for CPU turbo so that when the situation is not intense, I toggle the CPU turbo mode to off so that its turbo timer goes up and when I switch it back on, my CPU should be drawing more power for a while when the situation is intense in the game.

Okay so my theory is that,..POWER Profiles in Windows, in advances settings can set a MIN/MAX CPU Frequency (at least I can, on Win10)

And you can create a desktop shortcut for enabling Power Plans.
So you'd set/edit the Balanced/Whatever CPU section to 5%-50% CPU and Performance Profiles to 100% Min/Max.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-power-plan-shortcut-windows/
I've not tested
recently or on Win11 but this is how you can do it to find out for yourself.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

2 hours ago, Hensen Juang said:

Wouldn't it be better to just set a power limit 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

10 hours ago, Hensen Juang said:

which toggles CPU turbo mode on and off

Set up two profiles in ThrottleStop. One with the Disable Turbo box clear and the second profile with Disable Turbo checked. Set up two keyboard shortcuts within ThrottleStop so you can easily switch profiles while in game. 

CTRL + ALT + 1 to switch to Profile 1 

CTRL + ALT + 2 to switch to Profile 2

You can define the two hotkeys however you like.

Push the HotKeys button in the Options window to access the Hotkey Manager.

image.png.3b7c1aaffa1d50075e5f823597e27bd9.png