Would it be a good idea to use the Arc A380 in a church livestream PC?

Brayman30

Hi,
So I've been working on setting up a PC to livestream at my church (think $69 Gaming PC-esque - Old Dell Vostro) and it seems like it should be compatible with the Arc A38, but just becuase I can, should I? Would it actually improve encoding performance on a CPU that's already quite old? We are streaming to YouTube only, so AV1 should be possible. 
I don't have immediate access to the PC right now, so I can't provide specific specs at the moment, but I can at request and with some time.

(For context, the PC also runs a PowerPoint which is advanced during the church's service. As well as OBS to Record and Livestream the service.)

(Currently, low-bitrate streams work fine, but if the bitrate is raised to even a moderate amount, the encoding gets overloaded.)
(It would also be nice to have more than just two display outputs, that way we can have an actual presenter view for the person running the PowerPoint instead of using a splitter, as we are at the moment.)

tbh if the cpu is really trash then chances are it'll be bottlenecked rlly hard so idk

I don't remember exactly what the motherboard platform is, but I do remember checking and whatever it was this was the highest end CPU on the platform. Plus, since it's a Dell proprietary PC you still run the risk of incompatibility even with a CPU that should be compatible. When I get a chance I'll check what exactly the CPU is.

51 minutes ago, Brayman30 said:

I don't remember exactly what the motherboard platform is, but I do remember checking and whatever it was this was the highest end CPU on the platform. Plus, since it's a Dell proprietary PC you still run the risk of incompatibility even with a CPU that should be compatible. When I get a chance I'll check what exactly the CPU is.

I mean that could mean anything from a core 2 duo to idk a i7 2600k. Massive difference.

Depending on what it is I simply recommend a full replacement to a more modern used system as an intel one gives you both cpu AND gpu encode built in.