ACTIVATION LOCK

Just now, Sawa Takahashi said:

Apple made it so that the device can't be used again. Please remember that bad user experience when you think of buying another Apple product in the future. If everyone stopped buying Apple for their crappy practices, they would have no choice to become user friendly.

Apple doesn't lose any money because I don't buy a used Apple product.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

1 minute ago, GoStormPlays said:

I've also been in the circumstance of a person dying and then there's just no way to remove the lock because that person is the only one able to access the account. 

They got a procedure that if you are a relative and can provide the death certificate they can unlock the iCloud account for you. This is easy to find on Apple's website.

3 minutes ago, GoStormPlays said:

I've also been in the circumstance of a person dying and then there's just no way to remove the lock because that person is the only one able to access the account. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208510

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Apple doesn't lose any money because I don't buy a used Apple product.

I digress. The money you spend on products from other companies does not go to Apple.

Just now, Sawa Takahashi said:

They got a procedure that if you are a relative and can provide the death certificate they can unlock the iCloud account for you. This is easy to find on Apple's website.

I kind of doubt that it's easy to find because I have scoured all sites for some inkling of info and have not found this. 

I don't doubt that it exists, but what relative is gonna take the hours of time that it takes to talk to Apple about it when they can just have iTunes erase it and sell it with Activation Lock.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

I kind of doubt that it's easy to find because I have scoured all sites for some inkling of info and have not found this. 

I don't doubt that it exists, but what relative is gonna take the hours of time that it takes to talk to Apple about it when they can just have iTunes erase it and sell it with Activation Lock.

At this point, you are only throwing anger around because you feel that we should be helping you. We just can't. Have a nice day and please cool down.

Update: I created a petition for this: https://chng.it/v8zq6XZwzr

(Mods idk if this is against the rules or not. I checked the rules and couldn't tell if it was or not, so if it is against the rules just remove the comment. sorry if it is)

1 minute ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

At this point, you are only throwing anger around because you feel that we should be helping you. We just can't. Have a nice day and please cool down.

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to throw anger around.

But if no one can fix this, then why are we gonna just watch it get worse? Why are we going to watch other companies adopt this? I just don't see the point.

2 minutes ago, GoStormPlays said:

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to throw anger around.

But if no one can fix this, then why are we gonna just watch it get worse? Why are we going to watch other companies adopt this? I just don't see the point.

People don’t want their stolen devices to be usable. The pros out weigh the cons. It’s that simple. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

People don’t want their stolen devices to be usable. The pros out weigh the cons. It’s that simple. 

How are we even supposed to know it's stolen if Apple nor I can contact the owner?

11 hours ago, GoStormPlays said:

If I return it they're just gonna sell it to someone else who's not gonna be able to use it.

It just creates tons of unnecessary e-waste for something that could be solved really easily. 

Actually as someone has said you can use the parts from those locked devices to fix broken devices. Reputable sellers will note if a device is icloud locked. Also just because a device is locked doesnt mean its stolen. It could also be someone forgot the password to the account or there was a death in the family but they never bothered to have Apple unlock the device. 

Personally I like the fact that I can lock my phone in such a way that if some peckerhead steals my device they cant use it.  

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

12 hours ago, GoStormPlays said:

We really just need to create a petition or smth

Apple ever listens to petitions ?
I thought they fight a country wide regulation / favorite on regular basis ?

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

On 9/29/2023 at 8:48 PM, Donut417 said:

Actually as someone has said you can use the parts from those locked devices to fix broken devices. Reputable sellers will note if a device is icloud locked. Also just because a device is locked doesnt mean its stolen. It could also be someone forgot the password to the account or there was a death in the family but they never bothered to have Apple unlock the device. 

Personally I like the fact that I can lock my phone in such a way that if some peckerhead steals my device they cant use it.  

Yeah I can use the parts (or if we’re being honest just use it as a prop to smash In a YouTube video lol). 

Yeah i agree with not wanting someone else to use your device, but what prevents Apple from implementing a system where they message the original owner to see if it was stolen.

On 9/29/2023 at 8:57 PM, Poinkachu said:

Apple ever listens to petitions ?
I thought they fight a country wide regulation / favorite on regular basis ?

A petition would be the way to get the word out and pressure Apple into doing it

3 minutes ago, GoStormPlays said:

A petition would be the way to get the word out and pressure Apple into doing it

Well. Good luck.
Because IIRC, took awhile & massive effort to make them switch to Type-C

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.