Be Quiet! Be Enough!!

GoodGame

Will the Be Quiet! Pure Loop 2 240mm be sufficient to cool my i5 12400. I'm just interested in buying it as i would like to keep to the theme with my Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 case

heck the cooler that comes with it will be fine enough since you can't overclock the non k intel chips last I checked and i5's always ran cool under stock speeds in my experience not to mention Thermalright makes air coolers that can perform like a AIO for a eighth the price

16 minutes ago, KoeppColto024470 said:

since you can't overclock the non k intel chips last I checked

The 12th gen non-K chips were actually overclockable if you had a one of the handful of motherboards that supported it.

But yeah, even overclocked that chip doesn't draw that much power and something like a Thermalright Assassin X is plenty to cool it, let alone that AIO. It just isn't a hot CPU. 

32 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The 12th gen non-K chips were actually overclockable if you had a one of the handful of motherboards that supported it.

But yeah, even overclocked that chip doesn't draw that much power and something like a Thermalright Assassin X is plenty to cool it, let alone that AIO. It just isn't a hot CPU. 

Thanks all for the reply. Yeah i just wanted to make sure as i will be putting it on this Mb. Seeing as it has as pathway for me to upgrade later to a 13th Gen 

Gigabyte B760 GAMING X AX DDR4 Motherboard  

28 minutes ago, GoodGame said:

Thanks all for the reply. Yeah i just wanted to make sure as i will be putting it on this Mb. Seeing as it has as pathway for me to upgrade later to a 13th Gen 

Gigabyte B760 GAMING X AX DDR4 Motherboard  

OK, that board isn't one of the handful that can overclock 12th gen non-K CPUs (the cheapest of them would be the B760M PG Riptide if you're interested in it), though that board would do just fine for your CPU anyway. 

2 hours ago, KoeppColto024470 said:

heck the cooler that comes with it will be fine enough since you can't overclock the non k intel chips last I checked and i5's always ran cool under stock speeds in my experience not to mention Thermalright makes air coolers that can perform like a AIO for a eighth the price

yeah, but people want "water cooling" despite it looking awful and all the drawbacks that come with it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I was just trying to give advice based off his situation personally I wouldn't be dropping over $100 on a cooler if I can get the same kind of performance or better out of a air cooler that costs $30 or hell even free if they utilize the stock intel heatsink while it might not be ideal it's enough for a chip that doesn't run very hot. I use the stock heatsink that came with my Ryzen 5 2600 and while it might run warmer than what some people consider ideal it's nowhere near in danger of thermal throttling even under heavy loads