Thought's on this build? (and future-proofing)

Budget (including currency):  2000€ (Not really important)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Exclusively for gaming. Mostly CSGO/CS2  at highest FPS possible but also the latest singleplayer games (Starfield, Phantom Liberty, Hogwarts Legacy etc.) at 1440p.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I am building the PC only, I already have all the peripherals including a 1080p 240Hz esports monitor and a 1440p 165Hz monitor. Planning to buy within 2/3 weeks. Waiting for October 10th as there is an Amazon prime day then.

I don't care about Aesthetics at all. Smaller is better but thermals and performance come first.

I prefer air-cooling.

This is the current build I have in mind:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/DkRW34

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€393.99 @ Mindfactory) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK620 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler  (€73.51 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX ATX AM5 Motherboard  (€177.90 @ Alza) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (€109.99 @ Galaxus) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€128.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: XFX Speedster MERC 319 Black Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card  (€599.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Fractal Design Torrent Compact ATX Mid Tower Case  (€138.15 @ Galaxus) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM1000e (2023) 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€134.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P14 PST 72.8 CFM 140 mm Fan  (€6.62 @ Aquatuning) 
Total: €1763.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

I have been planning to build a PC for the last 6 or so months and have changed my mind about what to get A LOT. Originally I was going to build something in the much higher end range of things. (I actually impulse bought a 4090 a few months ago but ended canceling my purchase.) But after not having a PC for over a year now, I've found I don't have that much time for gaming these days anyways and spending 3000€ on a new PC seemed kind of stupid even though I could afford it. I'm still struggling to decide between getting the 7800 XT or the 7900 XTX. I don't know if it's worth paying 400€ more for the 7900 XTX.

• Is the 7800 XT powerful enough for my needs? (latest games @ 1440p high, no RT)
  • Is the 7900 XTX a better choice for the long run? I've heard future proofing is stupid.

As for the rest of the build. some parts I am unsure on are:

• Motherboard: prices for AM5 boards vary wildly and I no nothing about them so IDK if this is a good board to get or not
  • Case: Are there any better cases around the 100-150€ range that I should consider instead?
  • Power supply: These tend to have long warranties so I want to get something that will last me an upgrade or 2. Is what  have a good option? Are there better options to consider instead.
  • Fans: Should I get a 5 pack or will 1 exit fan be enough?

Should I try to future-proof more?

Feel free to suggest parts for any other categories or let me know if I'm missing anything.

All suggestions, feedback and advice are appreciated! 

18 minutes ago, GTC said:

Is the 7800 XT powerful enough for my needs? (latest games @ 1440p high, no RT)

For most games, a 7800 XT is a great 1440p card, but those three single player games you mentioned are some of the toughest games to run, so don't buy it and then hate us.

20 minutes ago, GTC said:

Is the 7900 XTX a better choice for the long run? I've heard future proofing is stupid.

For 1440p high, RT disabled? No. But, in my opinion a 7800 XT is better suited (for budget reasons) to a 7600 or 7700 build, while the 7800X3D is what I'd pair with a 7900 XT or XTX. It does depend on the games and the resolution, as some games really love the X3D.

22 minutes ago, GTC said:

Power supply: These tend to have long warranties so I want to get something that will last me an upgrade or 2. Is what  have a good option? Are there better options to consider instead.

The RMe is decent, but is it worth paying a bit extra to get a unit with a 10 year warranty? Yes, I would.

You are correct that "future proofing" is a silly thing, as no-one knows what the future brings.

Not going balls to the wall is also sensible as no-one really needs that level of performance for gaming.

This build will serve you well for many years, especially for 1440p gaming. And it allows for easy upgrade path if you should see the need for it down the line.

I dont have much to say about the specific parts you have selected, they seem fairly decent balanced.

The Fractal Torrent is an awesome case, I have it myself. It comes with all the fans you need. 2x180mm in the front and 3x140m in the bottom all positive pressure, so no need to buy extra, but there are room to mount one extra if you want to.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

11 hours ago, Tegneren said:

The Fractal Torrent is an awesome case, I have it myself. It comes with all the fans you need. 2x180mm in the front and 3x140m in the bottom all positive pressure, so no need to buy extra, but there are room to mount one extra if you want to.

I have actually selected the Torrent Compact which only comes with 2x180mm fans. Do you think it's worth spending 50€ to upgrade to the full size case?

11 hours ago, Tetras said:

For 1440p high, RT disabled? No. But, in my opinion a 7800 XT is better suited (for budget reasons) to a 7600 or 7700 build, while the 7800X3D is what I'd pair with a 7900 XT or XTX. It does depend on the games and the resolution, as some games really love the X3D.

The RMe is decent, but is it worth paying a bit extra to get a unit with a 10 year warranty? Yes, I would.

So do you think I should downgrade the CPU to something like a 7700X so I don't get GPU bottlenecked? 

Any PSU suggestions?

3 hours ago, GTC said:

So do you think I should downgrade the CPU to something like a 7700X so I don't get GPU bottlenecked? 

No. I'm not saying you should, the GPU bottleneck doesn't matter (and some games love the cache, like WoW, racing, flight sim), so it is just a question of the total build price.

If it was me, I'd only buy a 7600 or the 7700 (because of the wraith prism it includes) if I were buying a 7800 XT, but if you're happy with what you're paying, then do whatever you prefer. 

My thinking with the 7600 or 7700 is that they'll last a similar amount of time to the 7800 XT (maybe 3-4 years) at which point, you'd replace both the CPU and GPU.

I'd expect the 7800X3D to stay relevant a little longer, the same way that the 5800X3D has.

1 hour ago, GTC said:

Also I'm thinking of switching the CPU cooler to the Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB

Makes sense.

3 hours ago, GTC said:

Any PSU suggestions?

Not for the same wattage/price, but if you want to get a 10 year warranty: MSI A850G/A1000G PCIE5, Thermaltake GF3, Corsair RMx SHIFT (if your case is compatible with the side mount) and for 7900 XTX with no daisy chain: Thermaltake PF3 1050 or MSI A1000G.