Replacing PS2 thumbsticks: Is it compatible with PS4/PS5 thumbsticks?

andremiles

Hello everyone!
I have two very old original PS2 controllers that I use regularly with an adapter, to play a bunch of emulated games on my living room PC. I really want to continue using them instead of "just buying new controllers" since they work perfectly and are very well taken care of, just the thumbsticks that are gross and sticky now because of, you known, time and use. The rubber was spinning on itself (not the stick, just the rubber), and I had to replace them with an AWFUL plastic one that I took from an broken third party controller. It DIGS on your hands and is really bad, I am even thinking of placing the original ones back because even with the gross stickyness and spinningness, it's still better than these plastic ones.
SO, I was about to buy replacements online, but I am afraid of getting the same freaking ones I currently have, and thinking about it, I also prefer the shape of the PS4 thumbsticks better than the round one we had until PS3. So, PS4 thumbsticks are compatible? Where to buy high quality ones, even if I had to stick (liked this pun?) with PS2 ones?

PS: Sorry if here isn't the right place to post this. I am new to the forum.

replace the thumbsticks? Hrmm you could go the DIY route and take apart the controller and dip the thumbsticks in some liquid rubber like, FlexSeal. Certainly wouldn't be 100% the same but the rubber would be better. Probably better if you also have multiple layers.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT