Camera doesn't work on PC but it does on laptop

Chrasher54

Hi,

my camera I bought about 6 weeks ago is not working on my Pc. I've tried everything I could find on the internet and nothing helped me, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.

The camera I bought is the Hama PC-Webcam "C-650 Face Tracking", 1080p, USB-C, für Video-Chat / -Konferenzen

Link for the website: https://at.hama.com/00139994/hama-pc-webcam-c-650-face-tracking-1080p-usb-c-fuer-video-chat-konferenzen

The problem is that the camera doesn't give me a picture but still tracks my face and moves. However, when I connect it to my laptop the camera works fine.

Windows only gives me the following error message in the camera app :

Screenshot2023-09-15180028.thumb.png.fb9a9e77898e5bbcea43dc0ddfdeaf96.png

Here is the translated text from the picture: The camera cannot start. Once you are sure the camera is connected and installed properly, check for updated drivers. The error code, if necessary, is as follows: 0xA00F429F<WindowShowFailed> (0x80070003)

However, the device manager tells me that the device is working perfectly and I have already tried all options from updating drivers to uninstalling and reinstalling the device. I have already tried many options that are shown on the Internet for error code (0x80070003) and nothing has helped me.

I've also uninstalled my antivirus program but that didn't help either.

Could it possibly be a Windows problem or what could be the reason?

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me here!

I also asked the Hama customer service what to do, they sent me a list of things I should try and when that didn't work either, customer service wrote to me saying that they couldn't help me either

OK, a few things:

• you state you tried everything you could find on the internet, but nothing helped. What was all of that? Because I don't want to recommend the same all over again.
  • Have you googled the error message?

Tried removing the device completely and reinstalling it? Quick search brought this up: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0xa00f429fwindowshowfailed0x887a0004-when/8483af41-826f-4b09-aec5-cc1d28684f73

Can you find the camera in "devices and printers" from the control panel? If so, check the Properties -> Hardware

You might have an error on this page when you go to it already - perhaps a "USB composite device" error or something like that. 

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage

2 minutes ago, ItTakes2ToMango said:

Can you find the camera in "devices and printers" from the control panel? If so, check the Properties -> Hardware

You might have an error on this page when you go to it already - perhaps a "USB composite device" error or something like that. 

image.png.429b1a902749be4aa9356c1552998b3a.png

10 minutes ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

OK, a few things:

• you state you tried everything you could find on the internet, but nothing helped. What was all of that? Because I don't want to recommend the same all over again.
  • Have you googled the error message?

Tried removing the device completely and reinstalling it? Quick search brought this up: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0xa00f429fwindowshowfailed0x887a0004-when/8483af41-826f-4b09-aec5-cc1d28684f73

Yes I googled the error message multiple times also tried the windows self diagnose repair, the only thing i mentoined is that windows asked me if I have a stream.sys file but I dont have this one.

I tried the things on the Internet side but I didnt work. Also I dont know how important it is but my error code is (0x80070003) and the one on your site is (0x887A0004)

9 minutes ago, Chrasher54 said:

Yes I googled the error message multiple times also tried the windows self diagnose repair, the only thing i mentoined is that windows asked me if I have a stream.sys file but I dont have this one.

I tried the things on the Internet side but I didnt work. Also I dont know how important it is but my error code is (0x80070003) and the one on your site is (0x887A0004)

Have you tried diffeerent USB ports on your PC? How old ist that PC? The cam seems to only powered by USB, which is fine but it states that it needs USB 3.0 which is confusing as there are different specs in terms of data bandwith but more importantly power delivery. A basic USB 3.0 port may provide about 980 mA while others may offer substantially more. If you have one, you can try with a powered USB hub inbetween to provide extra power to the USB port. What PC or motherboard do you have?

13 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Have you tried diffeerent USB ports on your PC? How old ist that PC? The cam seems to only powered by USB, which is fine but it states that it needs USB 3.0 which is confusing as there are different specs in terms of data bandwith but more importantly power delivery. A basic USB 3.0 port may provide about 980 mA while others may offer substantially more. If you have one, you can try with a powered USB hub inbetween to provide extra power to the USB port. What PC or motherboard do you have?

Yes I tried different USB ports on my PC I also think that the USB port on my laptop is not much different.  The PC is two years old and I have a MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI. 

[SOLVED] I installed Windows new on my PC and now the camera works