What would be a good CPU+GPU+mobo combo for my needs?

DragoFenix

I work as a digital artist and want to upgrade my pc so I can use it for gaming, but specially I would want to try some 3D modelling and video editing.

I have a budget of around 500-600$ USD atm to buy the CPU+GPU+Mobo atm wich is my main concern, and upgrade other parts of the build over the next year (unless I need to change/upgrade other parts too right away). What would be a good combo that has a good performance in that range? I will be buying on black Friday this year, hoping for some discounts... hopefully.

I was thinking on going nvidia since I heard its supposed to be better at 3d modelling and productivity ralet stuff, is that the case at this price range?

I dont have much knowledge on pc building, so im not sure if there would be compatibility problems with that kind of upgrade.

I was thinking on a i5-12400f or a i5-12600kf, and a gpu around a 3060.3060ti or 4060. But I have no clue on what would make a good combination.

Any advice is really aprecciated. 

Budget (including currency): 500 - 600 $USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Elden Ring, Valorant, TLOU2, Photoshop, Zbrush, Blender(video editing and 3D modeling and/or rendering). Main priority is productivity. Dont mind sacrificing performance in gaming.

Other details: I will buy on Black Friday this year. I have a 1080p monitor for gaming and a drawing display.

My current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DragoFenix2/saved/#view=V9dh99

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i5-13500 2.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  ($247.98 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: *MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: *G.Skill Ripjaws S5 48 GB (2 x 24 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $567.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-09-11 02:10 EDT-0400

If you plan to use Optix, then go with NVidia, yes. Just not 4060, it will be a waste of money compared to 3060 Ti. You could go for 4060 Ti 16 GB version, but that will eat all of your budget, so 3060 12 GB is going to be your choice, most likely.

Also go for 12400 (especially if it's cheaper than 12400F), I'd actually suggest getting it over 12600KF since Intel iGPUs are better for video editing with something like DaVinci Resolve. Besides, if your GPU dies, you'll have a backup to continue working. And additional 4 efficiency cores and 2 MB of L3 cache aren't worth much in terms of rendering performance. Also you'll save money for a possible future upgrade like 13900K. Or spend them toward getting a 3060 Ti G6X... Or a motherboard with Z790 chipset that would allow that upgrade path.

Purify your Windows 10/11, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

4 hours ago, DragoFenix said:

I will buy on Black Friday this year

Still 2 months away and we dont know how 14th gen will affect Intel CPU pricing. Wait.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

12 hours ago, Spakes said:

If you plan to use Optix, then go with NVidia, yes. Just not 4060, it will be a waste of money compared to 3060 Ti. You could go for 4060 Ti 16 GB version, but that will eat all of your budget, so 3060 12 GB is going to be your choice, most likely.

Also go for 12400 (especially if it's cheaper than 12400F), I'd actually suggest getting it over 12600KF since Intel iGPUs are better for video editing with something like DaVinci Resolve. Besides, if your GPU dies, you'll have a backup to continue working. And additional 4 efficiency cores and 2 MB of L3 cache aren't worth much in terms of rendering performance. Also you'll save money for a possible future upgrade like 13900K. Or spend them toward getting a 3060 Ti G6X... Or a motherboard with Z790 chipset that would allow that upgrade path.

Thank you very much!!
Your comment gives me a lot of insight on what could be a right path for upgrades. Specially the suggestion on the cpu, I will be looking for a non F version for sure now. 

As SorryBella mentioned, there is quite a bit of time from now to when I want to buy so I will adjust this accordingly, but I wanted to have a good idea on what to expect and continue researching around it.