X570 recommendations

Hey guys, I have a 5950X. I'm currently running a X370 board and I'm considering an upgrade for PCIe 4 and better memory support. With a plan to upgrade to 64 or 128GB ram in future. 

So, help me out? 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Well, even though I have an X570 board myself, but first recommendation would be to consider whether you really need X570? Most people can get by just fine with a nice B550 board. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Well, even though I have an X570 board myself, but first recommendation would be to consider whether you really need X570? Most people can get by just fine with a nice B550 board. 

I am in need of PCIe Gen 4 on the whole board, and I don't believe B550 gives that? 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

I am in need of PCIe Gen 4 on the whole board, and I don't believe B550 gives that? 

What do you mean by on the whole board exactly? X570 does have more gen 4 lanes, you can run two gen 4 NVMe drives on it compared to only one on B550 I think. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, Middcore said:

What do you mean by on the whole board exactly? X570 does have more gen 4 lanes, you can run two gen 4 NVMe drives on it compared to only one on B550 I think. 

More specifically Gen 4 on both x16 slots and for at least one M.2 slot 

To be clear, I'm not expecting them to both be x16 when running two GPUs. Which is why I'm wanting gen4. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Can only really offer my experience with my X570 Crosshair VIII Hero as I've had zero issues since AMD worked the early bugs out. Have been on it for 3 years. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

7 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

More specifically Gen 4 on both x16 slots and for at least one M.2 slot 

B550 can do that. Only a handful of B550 boards can, but it is fully possible. The first one off the top of my head that does is the B550 Taichi, and that is a pretty solid board and cheaper than most comparable X570 boards. 

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

B550 can do that. Only a handful of B550 boards can, but it is fully possible. The first one off the top of my head that does is the B550 Taichi, and that is a pretty solid board and cheaper than most comparable X570 boards. 

People meme about ASRock but I have not a single complaint with my ASRock X570 Velocita, so +1 for the Taichi. 

5 minutes ago, Middcore said:

People meme about ASRock but I have not a single complaint with my ASRock X570 Velocita, so +1 for the Taichi. 

DoSe IT LoOK NiCe?

Kidding, my PC window faces a wall 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

10 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Yeah, they have a lot of good board. They probably have the biggest swing in board quality out of the big four (their bad boards are really bad and their good boards are really good), but their AMD boards since about B450 have been pretty reliably good. My X570 Taichi was also really solid back when I still had it. 

Running with my ASUS X570 Dark Hero from ASUS and haven't had a major problem with it (knock on wood). I've been using it for a little more than 2 years now and BIOS updates have been pretty decent. I picked this X570 motherboard only for the reason as it had a passive chipset heatsink at the time, with Gigabyte's X570 Aorus Extreme being the only other...which I did not want to go with Gigabyte at the time after their saga of blowing up PSUs. This was before X570S (which have passive heatsinks by design, unlike ASUS or Gigabyte's X570 MB).

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I just picked up a Dark Hero after the tragic passing of my Strix B550-XE. That board and the Dark Hero for sure can drive a 5950X to its limits.. 

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's