Rate/Roast My College Life Apartment

Siber Freak

This is my setup I've been building up on a student budget for the last three years. (I started with literally zero dollars lol) Give me a rating out of whatever you choose to help me know if I've wasted my money or not lol, or just straight up tell me I did X3

#The PC

```PSU - EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 80+ Platinum (Purchased New at MSRP)

CPU - AMD 5800X3D (Purchased New at MSRP)

GPU1 - Asus TUF OC RTX 3090 (Purchased Used for $870)

GPU2 - MSI Gaming X RTX 2070 Purchased New for $500)

MOBO - ASUS ProArt X570 Creator Wifi (Purchased New at MSRP)

Memory - 2 x 32gb G. Skill Trident Z 3600 CL 18-22-22-42 (Purchased New at MSRP)

Storage - 2 x 1tb 970 Evo, 2 x 1tb Ironwolf Pro SSD, 2 x 4tb Ironwolf Pro HDD, 1 x 16th Ironwolf Pro HDD, 1 x 4tb WD Black (I regret this one, should have gone for another 16tb for more bulk storage) (Purchased New at MSRP)

Case - Lian LI OL D XL (I'm sure most here already know that >.<) (Purchased New at MSRP)```

#The Desk

```Monitors - 1 x Gigabyte M34WQ, 2 x Some 1080 Asus monitors I can't remember the name of (They suck and have low refresh rate) (All Purchased New at MSRP)

Audio - Behringer Uphoria UM2, AT2020, Pioneer HDJ-X5-K, Sennheiser IE 100 Pro (All Purchased New at MSRP)

Peripherals - Logitech G502 Hero Lightspeed, Powerplay Lightspeed Pad, G815 Keyboard, 2 x Brio 4K Webcams (I bought them a long time ago, want to upgrade but pointless since I have these rn..), 500gb Steam Deck, Official Steam Deck Dock l, Deco Pro Small Drawing Tablet, Xbox 360 USB Controller (All Purchased New at MSRP)

Desk - SWH Height Adjustable Desk 48" x 24" (Purchased New at MSRP)```

#VR

```Valve Index with Prescription Lenses, Index Touch Controllers, 8 x Tundra Trackers, 4 x Vive Base Station 2.0, 2 x Tundra SW4 Dongles, 4 x  SteamVR Dongles, And a bunch of magnetic Netdot data/charging cables. (All Purchased New at MSRP)```

#Other

```2 x APC Battery UPS, 2 x Anker 727 Charging Station, TP Link Litewave 8 Port Gigabit Switch, TP Link Archer AX-55, Netgear Modem (Isp required it -_-), Nespresso Vertuoline Machine, Dezin Electric Kettle, Dreo Air Fryer, Pur 30 cup water filter, HP Officejet Printer, And a bunch of other stuffs that I use sometimes and security systems.```

20230904_111740.jpg

20230904_111338.jpg

20230904_112004.jpg

20230904_112936.jpg

20230904_110959.jpg

Hey, is this getting hot here?

Because your setup is pretty LIT!!

(Sorry for my bad boomer wanna be a cool guy joke)

Probably the roasty comment from me, the glass on your PC seems need to be wiped since it seems has fingerprint oil on the right side

And the lower side intake seems to have a lot of dust attached to the intake fan, but it may be light reflection or a filter than is full of dust

Other than that, nice setup!

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

honestly i won't hate on what you did with the space. the third picture PC could use a cleaning there is a face in the side panel due to a flash possibly also sometimes it is best to side panel remove when taking internal side shots. 

desk is a bit cluttered but (if it has a daily purpose i won't complain)

wall is busy with a lot on hung stuff but (see above)

some clean attempts as cable management while other areas are a bit free. im guessing for VR accessories and the like. (see top line)

vaporwave is nice id also add a desk ambient light or even a bottom floor track. Top is busy with RGB but nothing middle or lower ground. 

id say with the above comments taken into consideration a solid 6 

27 minutes ago, ImWilly said:

Hey, is this getting hot here?

Because your setup is pretty LIT!!

(Sorry for my bad boomer wanna be a cool guy joke)

Probably the roasty comment from me, the glass on your PC seems need to be wiped since it seems has fingerprint oil on the right side

And the lower side intake seems to have a lot of dust attached to the intake fan, but it may be light reflection or a filter than is full of dust

Other than that, nice setup!

Honestly I didn't even notice the finger prints untill you pointed it out haha, and yeah sadly she is a bit dusty, need to get a dust fan to clean my fans. Also I don't mind the boomer joke, I'm only 23 after all 😜 But thanks!

25 minutes ago, Lordmage said:

honestly i won't hate on what you did with the space. the third picture PC could use a cleaning there is a face in the side panel due to a flash possibly also sometimes it is best to side panel remove when taking internal side shots. 

desk is a bit cluttered but (if it has a daily purpose i won't complain)

wall is busy with a lot on hung stuff but (see above)

some clean attempts as cable management while other areas are a bit free. im guessing for VR accessories and the like. (see top line)

vaporwave is nice id also add a desk ambient light or even a bottom floor track. Top is busy with RGB but nothing middle or lower ground. 

id say with the above comments taken into consideration a solid 6 

Yeah, I wanted to find some nice lights for the desk, also the clutter is because I work for a medical university doing everything from game design, to animation, to prototyping and engineering.

9 hours ago, Siber Freak said:

This is my setup I've been building up on a student budget for the last three years.

I'm going to guess you did it piece meal huh?

I expected it to come out worse but that's pretty decent. All id want to add would be the chassis fan to compensate that O11 is pretty poor on air cooling.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.