Canadian influencer Tony Aube gets robbed, uses brain and phone to roll up a whole theft network by himself

Tenekhaas

This was in the local news today: Canadian tech influencer Tony Aube was in Brussels, on his way to the airport to fly back to the Americas, when his bag got stolen at the train station. The police couldn't help him much and he was stuck until the embassy opened on Monday because his passport was in the stolen bag, so he decided to dedicate his weekend to tracking his stolen bag. He ended up discovering the thieves and, by signaling everything to the police, managed to uncover and arrest them and their whole gang which were running a business in stolen goods.

See his own video for the full story: https://www.instagram.com/p/CwwOtQ6re4M/

Fair play to him, but...if those thieves had been even slightly aware of their surroundings, that could've gone very badly for him. Like...hospital or worse.

Sometimes, a computer isn't worth that much.

At the very least, if I really wanted to do it, I'd have got some support from some mildly-heavy-set guys just in case.

Hats of to the dude. 

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

The police will only consider doing their job after you've done all the work for them. 

Man if I had to waste 2 days of my life tracking down some thieves, I won't be doing it to save some pigs some work.

"uses brain and phone" is such weird phrasing

It made me think this was some dude with some jank Neuralink-type solution or very intelligent "accessibility software" while his other limbs were immobile.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |