A4-H20 Power LED

Apple-Seeds

I recently got a new A4-H2O and migrated a lot of my old components to the new case, and I’m really liking it so far! However, one thing I did appreciate about the old case was that the power button had LEDs in it that would take on a sort of ‘breathing’ pattern when it fell asleep. This was nice since I would forget whether or not I turned the computer off or put it to sleep the last time I used it. The A4-H2O has been great, but it has been the slightest inconvenience not having that LED there.

The AIO I picked up for the build is an EK RGB model since it’s the best deal I could find. That got me wondering, though, if there was some way I would be able to replicate that sleep breathing through the pump RGB. Where it would just stay white while on, and then do the breathing if it went to sleep.

Unfortunately, I’m not quite well-versed enough in RGB stuff to know if that’s even a possibility, so I figured I’d ask about it. The AIO has a VDG and a J-Rainbow connector (hope that’s what those are called), but I don’t know if somehow connecting those to the Power LED pins would work, or if this would be something better taken care of in some kind of software.

Obviously this is the most minute of problems and I can usually tell pretty quickly if it’s asleep or not by just pressing some keys, but I figured if there’s a way to get that functionality back without jumping through too many hoops then it would be neat to try 🙂