Pricing and Availability of Cases in New Zealand

I remember seeing a thread about how expensive components were in various countries. Australians are always complaining about prices there, but New Zealand is far worse. My CM Scout 2 was just less than $200NZ, mostly due to shipping to NZ rather than currency conversion.

I've been looking at the Phanteks Enthoo Pro like many others, and it seems perfect. AIO watercooling in the Scout 2 is pretty awful, and so is the front panel. The dust filters are crap. The Pro looks great and the price in the US is excellent. I would upgrade in a heartbeat if I could, but prices in NZ are so bad not to mention availability in NZ is poor. I can't find many Phanteks products in general, and to give you an idea PBtech doesn't even stock NZXT products anymore. It's just Cooler Master and Corsair cases, with a few random leftover cases still available. The 900D at PBtech is $660.

Currently I'm looking at an additional $150 to import the Pro, bringing the total price to under $300. I may save some money if a company like PBtech decides to stock it, but that's unlikely.

Anyone else know of a good place to get the Pro when it comes out? Comments about how you pussy Australians still have it bad are welcome also.

I remember seeing a thread about how expensive components were in various countries. Australians are always complaining about prices there, but New Zealand is far worse. My CM Scout 2 was just less than $200NZ, mostly due to shipping to NZ rather than currency conversion.

I've been looking at the Phanteks Enthoo Pro like many others, and it seems perfect. AIO watercooling in the Scout 2 is pretty awful, and so is the front panel. The dust filters are crap. The Pro looks great and the price in the US is excellent. I would upgrade in a heartbeat if I could, but prices in NZ are so bad not to mention availability in NZ is poor. I can't find many Phanteks products in general, and to give you an idea PBtech doesn't even stock NZXT products anymore. It's just Cooler Master and Corsair cases, with a few random leftover cases still available. The 900D at PBtech is $660.

Currently I'm looking at an additional $150 to import the Pro, bringing the total price to under $300. I may save some money if a company like PBtech decides to stock it, but that's unlikely.

Anyone else know of a good place to get the Pro when it comes out? Comments about how you pussy Australians still have it bad are welcome also.

Get a $15m business loan, get a warehouse and set up PCCG.NZ

I guess the problem is, we live on a desert/tropical island far away from anywhere, but we have 23 million people, and maybe 250,000 - 300,000 extreme cooling computer enthusiasts in Australia. We have to import everything, some of us crazy people paying $400 in shipping just to get a Caselabs case.

NZ has 4.4 million people, not enough to justify having containers of stock coming from all major manufacturers, so I think a fair bit of stock would come from Australia, so that is 2 lots of shipping...

So come across to Australia for less butt-hurt (it still hurts, though)

The situation is as bad as yours here in India :/

The situation is as bad as yours here in India :/

Just on a different tangent, what's the shampoo market like in India?

I have heard there is an opportunity for shipping well known European/American brands for the Indian market?

IDK about shampoos... never used any ~_~

Just on a different tangent, what's the shampoo market like in India?

I have heard there is an opportunity for shipping well known European/American brands for the Indian market?

IDK about shampoos... never used any ~_~

haha - then that sounds like an un-tapped market!

If cavemen are your target consumers ;)

haha - then that sounds like an un-tapped market!

If cavemen are your target consumers ;)

1.237 billion cavemen! That's a lot of shampoo!

1.237 billion cavemen! That's a lot of shampoo!

Well any market in India is a huger market ~ your country's whole population lives in one of our smaller states :P

Secondly ~ I meant Cavemen like me... which are few and far between :P

Computer Lounge does great deals on cases... Hopefully like what they're doing this week (20% off Corsair and Fractal cases) will happen with Phanteks.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Problem is, quick search in pricespy.co.nz shows up only one phanteks product which isn't even available anymore. I love PC's and building and such but man in NZ it's tough, low wages high prices. Lol.

ASRock Z87 Killer, Core i5 4670k, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz, Gigabyte Windforce R9 280X, Corsair Cx 750m, Crucial Ballistix 120Gb SSD, 1Tb Seagate barracuda, Bitfenix Ghost, Lots of fans lol, AOC e2352Phz 23.5" Full HD 3D, Turtle Beach Impact 500 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Steelseries Sensai Raw, AudioTechnica ATH-M50X.

P.S we should make an NZ PC thread on this forum. lol  :D

ASRock Z87 Killer, Core i5 4670k, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz, Gigabyte Windforce R9 280X, Corsair Cx 750m, Crucial Ballistix 120Gb SSD, 1Tb Seagate barracuda, Bitfenix Ghost, Lots of fans lol, AOC e2352Phz 23.5" Full HD 3D, Turtle Beach Impact 500 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Steelseries Sensai Raw, AudioTechnica ATH-M50X.

I'll bring one over as carry on if you pay for my return plane ticket :P

what? Lol 

• 1 month later...

A Phanteks case, I'll bring it over if you pay for a return plane ticket to Australia, I have a few friends I can visit while I'm over. :P

Na, it's all good buddy, I go to Aus just about every year, It's not practical to bring a whole case back with me but probably more so than return flights for you + I'm not rich enough to shout international flights. Lol Good try though.