Secret shopping ASUS support [Community edition]

Gokul_P

Region: ASUS INDIA

So due to LTTs Asus secret shopping result on ASUS being too high (In my opinion) I decided to just check out how ASUS support help me in two different scenarios  [Used Mail as the option]

Scenario one : Someone asking for a part that their laptop didn't come with 

In some regions Asus Vivo book 15 (2019) shipped with the 2.5 SSD connector sub board that is required to connect a 2.5inch drive. My particular unit didn't came with one so initially I bought one of amazon (it was cheap) But now i decided to ask support about this. 

Spoiler

image.png.b8ce69372d18c1f791affebdcc1725c7.png

I didnt expected them to send me one for free but i hopped they atleast gave me a part number 

Not only they failed to give me any information about the connector (They asked to take the laptop to a service center Their reply included Ram upgrade 
image.thumb.png.11973b931488fe4d8f1e481925ff2240.png

I didn't ask for ram upgrade This message is in all 3 replays from ASUS They didn't provide any other useful info on any other message even after asking for a part number they send this same message over and over again 3 mails with exact same content it is like Iam talking to a brick wall

Spoiler

image.png.79513f6d431760909ca704f542900dfa.png

Scenario 2: Corrupted video driver

Now i Thought maybe iam being too harsh to ASUS for asking for a specific part on a discontinued laptop (They don't provide any spare parts for any of their product even Hp does) so i decided to create a issue my self on my gpu so i just corrupted my Video driver and send them a message (from a different email) 

Spoiler

image.png.e7fc30ed1acb047f08df0913c1923836.png

The error message is pretty clear about the issue and maybe a new person cant understand what open GL or video driver is but a support staff should and should walk you through how to fix it. and what ASUS replied me with 

They linked me to a completely wrong trouble shooting page it only has a small mention of corrupted drivers and there is no step by step guide on how to fix it when there is a clear FAQ on how to install drivers that would technically fix the issue https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1048897. How much time a LTT community member took to identify and fix the issue in 10 Minutes 

I didn't think ASUS will ask me to use DDU and do it properly but i at least thought they would be able to identify the issue and point me to driver download. Also On the side note all of this emails included a ad to ASUS premium support 10% off they said. If it was a real customer they will be disappointed in the trouble shooting and prob send ASUS the hardware and prob they would replace it bcz they cant replicate the issue. For a billion Doller company it is unacceptable. I don't even think its a employee level issue it is a company wide issue and ASUS should immediately fix this or LMG should do something about it 

Devils advocate: service and support will vary region by region, usually dictated by applicable laws on what they can or can't get away with when it comes to consumer protections. 

So the support you get in India could vary widely compared to say the UK, Canada, Japan etc... 

Can only take this with a small grain of salt since there is a lot of different factors and variables in play. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

9 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Devils advocate: service and support will vary region by region, usually dictated by applicable laws on what they can or can't get away with when it comes to consumer protections. 

So the support you get in India could vary widely compared to say the UK, Canada, Japan etc... 

Can only take this with a small grain of salt since there is a lot of different factors and variables in play. 

Don't we all get Indian support ? 😄 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

38 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Don't we all get Indian support ? 😄 

I think that is true. But policies might be differant

48 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

In that sense secret shopper is useless and ASUS support is bad in 2 regions (Canada and India) (alsosomeone from those regions also could secret

shop asus and know if it is any good.) i think thats enough to force ASUS to make a change like Linus said in a wan show (on Asus board socket explosion week). 

Remember companies aren't always themselves but sometimes franchises. Was shocked when Volvo in the UK is actually a different company selling and representing Volvo on their behalf. Same thing here probably. Company X paid ASUS to be ASUS in their country.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

-= Moved to Member Reviews =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

My Asus experience (approx. 2015-2021):

Region: Europe, Germany (some interaction where with the US chat; overall consistent bad experience):

1. EMI issues on a audio product (GSM interference): can't remember exactly but they where basically like figure it out with the seller; We don't care if our products have design flaws.

2. Monitor with wired lines if run at the advertised 100 Hz: We have no idea why this is but shouldn't be like this with no solution offered. Months later I found out why: Asus used a 60 Hz panel and not all of them are capable of the advertised  100 Hz refresh rate.

3. Asus official seller on eBay selling brand new products with bad packaging, incomplete accessories, no paper work and could be used. Inquired Asus if this seller is who he claims to be (Asus): They had no idea how to deal with a very basic request (is xy your company or authorized by you?). Meaning Asus itself is incapable of knowing who they are.

4. Monitor settings that can only be disabled by a factory rest (e.g. target cross overlay): No firmware update or other measures taken by Asus. The product to this day has these embarrassing oversights.

5. BIOS/software bugs: Forget it. The general support has no idea how to deal with this. Feels like there is no way of escalating a ticket from frontline/general support to support engineers.

2021 was when I gave up on Asus support. After that I went straight to whatever or if it was a show stopper to trash/recycle. At the moment there are still 1 or 2 Asus products that will be replaced when they fail or problems arise without workaround.

People never go out of business.