Any way I can subscribe to new domain names as they are registered?

Go to solution Solved by BobVonBob,

You can get this data, but you're going to have to pay through the nose.

Getting it yourself would require paying many registrars for access to their registrar listings, which is going to cost a few thousand USD each. There are companies that have already done this step and will provide the results to you, but again not for free. The cheapest option I could find is WhoisFreaks, where you can get newly registered domains for only $400 USD per month (or $4000 USD per year! A bargain!).

Edit: After a bit more digging, it looks like there's at least one cheaper option. Whoisds offers free (incomplete, up to 100000 domains) lists the next day, and possibly complete lists for $20 USD per month.

To my knowledge there is no way to get domains "as they are registered".

Given how DNS works, shouldn't this be possible? Maybe tapping into the same mechanism as DNS servers do? Perhaps it varies by TLD?

I have an idea for a project, just chasing down some background info to see if it's viable.

You can get this data, but you're going to have to pay through the nose.

Getting it yourself would require paying many registrars for access to their registrar listings, which is going to cost a few thousand USD each. There are companies that have already done this step and will provide the results to you, but again not for free. The cheapest option I could find is WhoisFreaks, where you can get newly registered domains for only $400 USD per month (or $4000 USD per year! A bargain!).

Edit: After a bit more digging, it looks like there's at least one cheaper option. Whoisds offers free (incomplete, up to 100000 domains) lists the next day, and possibly complete lists for $20 USD per month.

To my knowledge there is no way to get domains "as they are registered".

Edited by BobVonBob

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

From my understanding, it would vary by TLD.  

For .com and .net you can get programmatic access to the zone files.  Example: https://czds.icann.org/help

Some domain registrars also have an API, but that only covers that registrar.

DNS traffic method I don't see a good option for.