what are the chances of DOA and what parts do i need to be consurned about

jake98

HEY so i have been saving up for months now and have around 670 dollars tword my 1500 dollar build i hope to finish by august. my question is what parts are safe to buy, i dont want to buy a gpu and not know its a DOA till i assemble the system in 2 months. anyway thanks.

Jake

We all got left behind.

All of it, the chances of DOA are very very slim. I would say the processor/a tested motherboard is safest.

you would think its a very very slim chance however ssd's have an average of around 1.5% doa and if i remember correctly intel reported a 2% (1 in 50) doa in its components a few years ago.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

DOA parts are in fact a very rare thing, in fact less than 1% of the parts are DOA...motherboards may have some defects (broken pci lane for example, or 1 ram slot not working) but this is also a rare thing...GPU's are the safest they are so

overbuilt and well put togheter and boxed that they pretty much always work i've personnaly never heard of a DOA GPU...hope that helps..

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR