Gpu not consistent on 99%

Zander DG
Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
4 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

So, how's your FPS ?

I mean yeah that's the final talk. GPU and CPU usage adjust as the engine goes, you cant expect it to be 100% at all times especially if you're not on maximum settings which you don't want to anyway because framerate is worse for very minute improvement in details.

i have this issue where my gpu won't go 99% usage in games i tried all the fixes on youtube nothing works, timespy is only app that can 99% my gpu but not on heavy games i only get 60% - 70% ish metro exodus can 99% my usage when i play on ultra but not on high or lower my usage go down from 90%+ to 60%-70%is and depending on the environment im at my usage go up i want my usage to be consistent on 99%, while playing NFS heat my cpu and gpu usage will go the same around 50% - 70% 

Ryzen 5 2600

RTX 2060 

Gigabyte b450m ds3h v2
(8x2) 16gb 3200mhz (running at 2933mhz because cpu can't handle more)
700w Power supply

The load placed on the GPU from a game often won't place the gpu under 90%+ load it may spike when performing certain tasks but there will be other bottle necks in the system from the cpu, ram, and the engine the game is running on. The only time you can really max the load on the gpu is when running a synthetic benchmark. I run large data sets on one of my workstations and it rarely maxes out the gpu. There isn't a way to force a game to keep the GPU at 99%. Are you having an issue that your trying to address?

Ryzen 5-2600 single thread performance is not that great for gaming imo, it similar to 10 years old i7-4770k.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

Ryzen 5-2600 single thread performance is not that great for gaming imo, it similar to 10 years old i7-4770k.

It's more similar to an i7 5820K in performance(single and multithreaded).

In any case, that's not what's holding OP back. OP's system seems to be performing normally.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

so its a bottleneck for me? i watched youtube videos with same setup and their gpu usage is always 99% when playing games i thought this r5 2600 rtx 2060 is a good pair in that case i will upgrade to 5600

12 minutes ago, Zander DG said:

i watched youtube videos with same setup and their gpu usage is always 99% when playing games

So, how's your FPS ?

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

4 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

So, how's your FPS ?

I mean yeah that's the final talk. GPU and CPU usage adjust as the engine goes, you cant expect it to be 100% at all times especially if you're not on maximum settings which you don't want to anyway because framerate is worse for very minute improvement in details.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, Poinkachu said:

So, how's your FPS ?

getting decent fps really what on what u expect from rtx 2060 but i think that if it runs 99% consistent i will get more fps, i guess it is normal not running 99% on hard games i saw it on yt i thought that was normal and my usage inconsistency was not normal

1 hour ago, SorryBella said:

this really helps me understand it, thanks :))