Can't get smooth 60fps gameplay in every game I tested (old and new)

RIVA shows me a constant 60fps without any drops, a flatline frametime timeline, and normal GPU and CPU temps and usage, but still, it doesn't look like fluid 60fps gameplay. My friend's games look way better on his PC and he uses an RTX 2060

My PC specs are:

CPU: Intel 12700k, 4800 mhz

GPU: 4070 TI RTX 12 GB VRAM TUF GAMING ASUS

RAM: 32 GB - 2x 16 GB DDR5 5200 MHz Kingston Fury Beast

Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z690-A

STORAGE: NVME 2TB Patriot

PSU: 850W GEN 5 PCI-E ATX 3.0 GOLD GIGABYTE

here is my benchmark test

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/63625813

i tried:

-Enable the resizable bar from BIOS and check in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Disabling Vsync and limiting to 60 FPS with RIVA TUNNER

-Update Bios

-Update Nvidia software and Windows 11.

-Reinstalling Windows 11

-Installing Windows 10

-Disabling Windows Game Mode

-testing changing the GPU to a 2080 Super and a Radeon 6700 XT

-testing changing the motherboard and CPU to an Intel 9700k and 16 DDR4

-Changing NVME

Everything and my games stay the same. Could it be my house's electric current? Please, I invest so much in this PC, and while the games work, I want the best possible experience.

I beg you

Here are some video examples of 3 games, God of War, Cyberpunk 2077, and Ratchet and Clank Rifft Apart. Check other videos Gameplay of the same games on youtube and they look way more smooth

https://youtu.be/f2yt87mqGrg

https://youtu.be/6OLQ5qkquaE

https://youtu.be/fK1xIBuqiqk

what monitor do you use?
Locking your fps to 60 will actually lower your perceived fluidity. even with a 60hz panel you get a decent benefit from sub-refresh frames. But this may induce tearing.
It is possible if your monitor is a 4k monitor, it could be running at 30hz

Can't see any issues in your footage...

What's your monitor ?

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

28 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Can't see any issues in your footage...

What's your monitor ?

LG IPS LED 22MP55. You can see the difference if you compare it to other gameplay on Youtube. Look at this:

1 hour ago, Peppy2-5-2023 said:

LG IPS LED 22MP55.

It is your monitor. The LG IPS LED 22MP55 isn't a good choice for gaming.

One more thing: Please stay away from userbenchmark.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

2 hours ago, Montana One-Six said:

It is your monitor. The LG IPS LED 22MP55 isn't a good choice for gaming.

i also tried on TVs and a high refresh rate GIGABYTE M27Q with G sync enable. It runs great on high frames but it looks choppy as always in 60fps

3 hours ago, deadlou666 said:

Is he using a higher refresh monitor?

i tried one M27Q GIGABYTE 2k 170hz variable sync monitor and it looks great on high FPSs but choppy at 60fps (like all my previous attempts)

20 hours ago, Peppy2-5-2023 said:

i also tried on TVs and a high refresh rate GIGABYTE M27Q with G sync enable. It runs great on high frames but it looks choppy as always in 60fps

OK. I watched your videos seems totally fine on my end.

Why aren't you using the M27Q without capping it at 60 fps then?

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

5 hours ago, Montana One-Six said:

it was provide by my friend. I tried in 60fps cap because my monitor is 60hz

7 hours ago, Montana One-Six said:

could CRU fix my problem if its my monitor??

On 8/22/2023 at 10:42 PM, Montana One-Six said:

i mean yes and no. the test itself is useful to find faulty parts like hard-drives etc.

its just outside of the test it's a pretty bad site with heavy bias against amd... but if you know all that,  it can be actually useful. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

16 hours ago, Peppy2-5-2023 said:

could CRU fix my problem if its my monitor??

What is CRU?

1 hour ago, Montana One-Six said:

What is CRU?

a program to touch hz and g sync range

3 minutes ago, Peppy2-5-2023 said:

a program to touch hz and g sync range

Are they squishy or hard? What do they feel like?

Yeah I would say it is your monitor.
All the clips you posted look fine to me, unless they dip below 60fps. Then you see a stutter.
You have a pretty beefy rig, wasted on a subpar display. A half decent gaming monitor is not that expensive compared. I just purchased a 27"/1080p/165Hz/IPS/G-Sync monitor for under 200 bucks.
& 60fps will always seem a bit choppy after playing +100fps.
In the meantime... either enable V-Sync & lock the game to 60fps. Or run the game uncapped, so it far exceeds the monitor refresh rate. In the first instance (V-Sync enabled) it will syncronise your fps with the Hz of the monitor, giving you a smoother experience. In the second instance (uncapped framerate) tearing should become less noticable the higher the fps. I would recommend V-Sync enabled for most single player games. & uncapped fps for multiplayer/competitive faster paced games.

17 hours ago, Tim834 said:

Yeah I would say it is your monitor.
All the clips you posted look fine to me, unless they dip below 60fps. Then you see a stutter.
You have a pretty beefy rig, wasted on a subpar display. A half decent gaming monitor is not that expensive compared. I just purchased a 27"/1080p/165Hz/IPS/G-Sync monitor for under 200 bucks.
& 60fps will always seem a bit choppy after playing +100fps.
In the meantime... either enable V-Sync & lock the game to 60fps. Or run the game uncapped, so it far exceeds the monitor refresh rate. In the first instance (V-Sync enabled) it will syncronise your fps with the Hz of the monitor, giving you a smoother experience. In the second instance (uncapped framerate) tearing should become less noticable the higher the fps. I would recommend V-Sync enabled for most single player games. & uncapped fps for multiplayer/competitive faster paced games.

Thank you. Are widescreen high refresh rate monitors worth it?Or are they too GPU-intensive without any actual improvement?

Thank you. Are widescreen high refresh rate monitors worth it?Or are they too GPU-intensive without any actual improvement?

High refresh-rate monitors are totally worth it. Especially if you have a high end computer. However you do get diminishing returns. Actually the returns you get over about 70fps are quite small, for the amount of horsepower it requires. This chart below shows it quite well. Non the less... the difference between 60fps & 90fps is quite substantial. Not as much as going from 30fps to 60fps. But much more than 90fps to 120fps. I doubt many people outside of high level competitive gamers would be able to tell much difference between 90fps & 120fps. I have a 165Hz monitor but very rarely play anything above 90fps. Plus you are always better with a stable consistent frame-rate, than a raw high value that fluctuates all over the place. I would also highly recommend a G-Sync monitor. & to cap the frame-rate with RTSS for consistent frame-times. Both of these are a game changer. Plus so is having a second monitor.

FPS.jpg

12 hours ago, Tim834 said:

High refresh-rate monitors are totally worth it. Especially if you have a high end computer. However you do get diminishing returns.

Not only that, I think it is also a matter of how clear and consistent the panel is. In other words, 360Hz is nice but worthless if each frame is just mush due to the slow pixel response time.

It is not only a question of how fast new frames can be displayed, but also how clear they are.

13 hours ago, Tim834 said:

High refresh-rate monitors are totally worth it. Especially if you have a high end computer. However you do get diminishing returns. Actually the returns you get over about 70fps are quite small, for the amount of horsepower it requires. This chart below shows it quite well. Non the less... the difference between 60fps & 90fps is quite substantial. Not as much as going from 30fps to 60fps. But much more than 90fps to 120fps. I doubt many people outside of high level competitive gamers would be able to tell much difference between 90fps & 120fps. I have a 165Hz monitor but very rarely play anything above 90fps. Plus you are always better with a stable consistent frame-rate, than a raw high value that fluctuates all over the place. I would also highly recommend a G-Sync monitor. & to cap the frame-rate with RTSS for consistent frame-times. Both of these are a game changer. Plus so is having a second monitor.

FPS.jpg

Thanks to everyone! My friend lent me his GIGABYTE M27Q 2k 170Hz monitor until I bought my high-refresh monitor. The problem is that it doesn't look fluid or smooth at a 60fps lock, but he tells me it's a problem every high-refresh monitor has. Or its that not true??

You mean using high-refresh monitor at 60Hz (and VSync) or what? Or how's the 60 fps lock implemented?

Using high end 144+Hz monitors simply does not make sense and it's often worse than native 60Hz monitor.

I edit my posts more often than not

5 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

You mean using high-refresh monitor at 60Hz (and VSync) or what? Or how's the 60 fps lock implemented?

Using high end 144+Hz monitors simply does not make sense and it's often worse than native 60Hz monitor.

I mean that when locked at 60fps using RIVA TUNER or 60hz with graphic settings, the game looks worse or equally bad on my friend's 144+Hz GIGABYTE monitor compared to my 60hz LG monitor from 2015. However, it appears smoother when played at an unlocked framerate. He tells me that high refresh rate monitors don't handle 60fps very well (I do not know if it's true or not) but I know my games look bad at 60fps on either monitor

Well 144(Hz) is not divisible by 60(fps). If you have a divisible number, it can just double/triple/quadruple etc... the frames to output the Hz. If it is not divisible... you will get some frames that are multiplied & other that aren't, resulting in uneven frame-times & noticeable stutter. But if the number is divisible; you can get significantly less latency (input lag) with higher Hz (than the fps).

9 hours ago, Tim834 said:

Well 144(Hz) is not divisible by 60(fps). If you have a divisible number, it can just double/triple/quadruple etc... the frames to output the Hz. If it is not divisible... you will get some frames that are multiplied & other that aren't, resulting in uneven frame-times & noticeable stutter. But if the number is divisible; you can get significantly less latency (input lag) with higher Hz (than the fps).

Can you explain it to me more? I think that may be the problem with the 170 Hz monitor at 60 fps. How do I check? i tried to put it at 60 Hz from the Nvidia Panel

6 hours ago, Peppy2-5-2023 said:

Can you explain it to me more? I think that may be the problem with the 170 Hz monitor at 60 fps. How do I check? i tried to put it at 60 Hz from the Nvidia Panel

Always use highest available refresh rate. It does not affect performance negatively.

I edit my posts more often than not