"Cameraless photographer" - 500-1000€ body discussion

WMAlleG

Hello Allmighty and all-knowing people of LTT! I got myself into headache situation.

I need a body.

You might wonder how did i end up in this situaion? So, lets go with the background.

I'm into photograpy since i remember, started my first commercial photograph around hitting 18 (now 35). Worked endless hours with cameras like Olympus E400, E1, E3, Nikons D2h, D200, D700, D3, Canon 5dmk2 and mk3, Then slowly switched to videography and get my hands on Sony A7s2 (which was... great video camera so it fulfilled its purpose 101% with love but kinda hurted my photo soul). few years ago i moved totally into video/live/broadcast work, started to work on ENG cameras and also sony came with FX6 etc. so, i have also pulled the trigger and sold both a7s2's... I was a happy video shooter.

For a moment.

I have came to conclusion that i... need a body. Not for work. not for video. Body for photos.

When i had my a7s's i didnt really felt the urge or missed the camera. Maybe pictures werent great but it was still a camera that i could take anywhere and work with it. Whenever i wanted to shoot i just took it.

Now... i realized im a cameraman without a camera.

OK! So here we are now. I still got some canon lenses, but thats not a big deal as i switched systems so many times that i can just do that again. mostly using a 28/35 ish, 50, and 135 mm
I was thinking about getting something like My old D700, A7r, or C5dmk3 then i realized i wasnt in the market of actual photo cameras for ages. I have missed whole lines of equippment.

PLEASE - If you think thers some neat body that is worth considering - speak up!
I will consider and research anything that is NOT Olympus 4/3 or u4/3 mirrorless

Also, i'm not looking into something new for sure, so used suggestions more than welcome.
I dont do much photography like i said before, and if i do its mostly repo/street/portrait work

BUDGET: i'm willing to spend is also not huge, i'm thinking to get something used in around 500-1000€ range

Thanks for all insightfull answers. Quick Update, 5D mark III it is.