you know not the horrors behind this graphics card

SnappyCat360

I'm making a really cheap pc for one of my freinds and i finally got my hands on a 580, however the sata connectors interfere with the graphics card, so i cut up part of the graphics card shroud to fit. however the fan is now floppy because one of the mounts for the fan got lopped of, and the defualt pcie optiplex clip doesnt work becuase the thing the clip latches onto no longer fits. I need a new powersupply and its on its way so thats why there was a hole. It's an optiplex 790 mt with a custom air filter and fan, with a crucial bx500 ssd boot drive and the stock 2 tb drive that it came with. whole build cost 133$, including selling the old power supply

WIN_20230821_12_17_42_Pro.jpg

This is exactly the kind of jank solutions that Optiplex recycled builds are meant to get xD

Congrats on helping out a friends with your computer knowledge. Maybe try to fix that fan support with some glue or smth so it at least cools properly!

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

If you're never going to use 3.5" drives again, take the motherboard out then drill out the rivets holding the drive cage in place. Tape the SSD somewhere else.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

A Dremel will make quick work of any small mods like what he proposes.

1 minute ago, Needfuldoer said:

If you're never going to use 3.5" drives again, take the motherboard out then drill out the rivets holding the drive cage in place. Tape the SSD somewhere else.

Remember you can always look for someone to ask to borrow tools if you don't have something.

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE