Install error - 0x80070643 on windows security update.

Hey everyone,

For the past year at least I have been unable to download the windows security update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.395.806.0). It's starting to cause various problems on my PC because It's getting so out of date so I finally gave up and came here. (I believe It's what preventing me from turning on core isolation for example) The advice I've seen on the MS forums is to either download a newer version of .net framework or a .net framework troubleshooter, but both of these downloads get "blocked by my organization" even though I'm not part of one and no matter if I use chrome or edge. (I get this same message trying to download other things as well.) I'm really at my wits end here and any help would be appreciated 🙂

(Windows 11 btw)

First of all, I suggest you try to repair the Windows image. Let's rule out this possibility.

Open CMD as an administrator, type in this command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Then, after it finishes, type in:
sfc /scannow

If you're able to download Windows 11 ISO, you can do this repair "offline", using an image from that ISO.
Then, the first command would be:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:D:\Sources\install.wim /LimitAccess

D: is the "drive" letter for the ISO it's mounted to.

@Gengarbarian consider also to use an online virus scanner (Eset has one, but it's not the only one) for have a second opinion about the healtyness of your system.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

8 hours ago, fohatadri said:

First of all, I suggest you try to repair the Windows image. Let's rule out this possibility.

Open CMD as an administrator, type in this command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Then, after it finishes, type in:
sfc /scannow

If you're able to download Windows 11 ISO, you can do this repair "offline", using an image from that ISO.
Then, the first command would be:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:D:\Sources\install.wim /LimitAccess

D: is the "drive" letter for the ISO it's mounted to.

I got error # 87 when trying to run the first command.

Currently resetting windows, while keeping files so we‘ll see if that works.