The real battle for net neutrality just began

The real battle for net neutrality just began

Ok so if any of you didn't know the FCC met today to decide whether or not to adopt Tom Wheeler's new/revised proposal for Net Neutrality and guess what? They agreed to it......Now Some of you might be thinking its the end of the world, which it might be, but its not yet. We still have 60 days to comment on it before it's law and give them our opinion on it. So I urge you to go on FCC's website and tell them what you think about it, if you care. 

So basically this "net neutrality" proposal will let the FCC ban the content they don't find appealing?

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

THE WAR IS OOOOOOOOOOOONNNN!

Seriously though, what, to them, classes as 'Inappropriate'? 

So basically this "net neutrality" proposal will let the FCC ban the content they don't find appealing?

No not really. This proposal would allow ISP's to charge services such as Netflix, Hulu, and others for "fast lanes" on their network. Basically, they could bottleneck traffic to a site/service if said site/service refuses to pay for a "fast lane" on an ISP's network.

Just need to reclassified them, and half the problem will disappear over night.

SOPA/PIPA incognito... it will pass and no one will know what hit em.

Anything that is anti-government

If you don't pay them off then your content gets taken down. I think that is how it will work.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

If you don't pay them off then your content gets taken down. I think that is how it will work.

They can't take it down, that's actually illegal. They can limit your bandwidth up to 28.8Kbps until you pay them a fee though, so no one would actually be able to visit your site

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

They can't take it down, that's actually illegal. They can limit your bandwidth up to 28.8Kbps until you pay them a fee though, so no one would actually be able to visit your site

Dude being spied upon by your government is illegal but it doesn't stop them.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

The internet is ruined.

Dude being spied upon by your government is illegal but it doesn't stop them.

*NSA*

I feel for you guys from across the pond, can't believe this actually went through. I know that Mr Wheeler has made it look like he has the intention to step down, but that doesn't necessarily mean he will, and I wanted to share this that I found with you all.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/remove-tom-wheeler-his-position-fcc-chairman/58HFrZ7t

I'd sign it if I could, such a shame that one man can ruin the internet for so many people. Absolutely no point in them even asking public opinion when they were just going to disregard it anyway.