Windows 10 cant seem to work mac ssd's

Viesulis

I have two ssds from a mac mini and neither seem to work. One cant be initialised, the other cant be formatted. The ssds were working before

9 minutes ago, Viesulis said:

I have two ssds from a mac mini and neither seem to work. One cant be initialised, the other cant be formatted. The ssds were working before

As I understand some Mac SSDs are proprietary and you will need an adapter to make them work in other machines. However, I suggest you try diskpart in CMD first.
Open CMD as administrator, type in "diskpart", then:
Type "list disk". If you see these drives in the list that you plugged in, then:
Type in "select disk x" (x signifies the number of a drive, which you can see in the list, for example: select disk 2), then:
Type "clean", after that, if process completed successfully, type "create partition primary";
Then, you can assign a letter to a drive, so type "assign letter H".

Hope this helps.

9 minutes ago, fohatadri said:

As I understand some Mac SSDs are proprietary and you will need an adapter to make them work in other machines. However, I suggest you try diskpart in CMD first.
Type "list disk". If you see these drives in the list that you plugged in, then:
Type in "select disk x" (x signifies the number of a drive, which you can see in the list, for example: select disk 2), then:
Type "clean", after that, if process completed successfully, type "create partition primary";

Hope this helps.

These are older models, so they have normal sata conectors 

12 minutes ago, fohatadri said:

Hope this helps.

Diskpart spits out an I/O device error 

15 minutes ago, Viesulis said:

Diskpart spits out an I/O device error 

Really sounds like a dead SSD to me.

Can you connect it to a different computer using SATA or SATA to USB adapter?