Reinstalling windows, error after error

Gauzl

So I'm reinstalling windows 10 to hopefully fix an issue I was having. Now I have installed windows dozens of times over the years and know the procedure. However this time I seem to be discovering new errors that never existed before.

It appears reinstalling windows reverted my BIOS version back to 0.00, after updating it back to the latest version, I am unable to install any kind of LAN driver so I cannot connect to the internet. I already tried installing the latest driver from the manufacturer using a USB but I just get an error saying there is another error that needs to be resolved first, but that's it, no explanation.

Any thoughts?

Mobo - MSI Z790-A WIFI

Version - E7E07IMS.A60

I have never heard of Windows installation flashing a bios before but maybe it did happen. However, to me it sounds like a chipset problem.
A long time ago I had a laptop and when the chipset failed, all USBs, Ethernet port and etc. stopped working. A tech shop diagnosed it to be a chipset issue.
They tried putting a new one on but they failed at flashing the chipset itself and the laptop never worked again.

Have to tried putting linux on a USB and booting into it to check what works and what doesn't? Download any distro: Ubuntu, LinuxMint and use balenaEtcher to put that image onto a USB.
Also, if you have everything connected to your computer, you should be able to check if all of those devices are detected in the BIOS (mouse, keyboard, local IP from your router).

1 hour ago, fohatadri said:

I have never heard of Windows installation flashing a bios before but maybe it did happen. However, to me it sounds like a chipset problem.
A long time ago I had a laptop and when the chipset failed, all USBs, Ethernet port and etc. stopped working. A tech shop diagnosed it to be a chipset issue.
They tried putting a new one on but they failed at flashing the chipset itself and the laptop never worked again.

Have to tried putting linux on a USB and booting into it to check what works and what doesn't? Download any distro: Ubuntu, LinuxMint and use balenaEtcher to put that image onto a USB.
Also, if you have everything connected to your computer, you should be able to check if all of those devices are detected in the BIOS (mouse, keyboard, local IP from your router).

As far as i know my only issue right now is that there is no network driver installed and the only one available from MSI is a Windows 11 version, looks like I'm upgrading.

20 minutes ago, Gauzl said:

As far as i know my only issue right now is that there is no network driver installed and the only one available from MSI is a Windows 11 version, looks like I'm upgrading.

Because your motherboard has Intel lan chip, you could easily install Intel Driver Update Utility (Intel® Driver & Support Assistant, but that of course requires internet connection to use..) or just download drivers from Intel site, for example, a complete package: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html