Are Wireless antennae worth it?

Ps_domingo

I've been looking around the market for something to increase the range and reliability of my current router (Asus AC-66u) as it does cover my house so well. 

SO I found these two: 

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-WL-ANT191-9dBi-Wireless-Antenna/dp/B00CVU3XMO/ref=pd_ybh_2

and

http://www.amazon.com/Asus-WL-ANT-157-Antenna/dp/B005UBNJ48/ref=pd_ybh_4

So my question is, do these things even work?

Another router is out of the question and a repeater is janky as hell. 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

Another router is out of the question and a repeater is janky as hell. 

Why is a repeater janky?

What about a powerline wifi plug, they work really well

I dont know about those antennae specifically but they can make a difference in extending range 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well that second one is a directional antenna. IT could drastically improve reception if you keep the directionality in mind

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

its kinda complicated

larger antenna require  more power

but it should be clean and not noisy 

not sure how good the amps are on the asus routers

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Why is a repeater janky?

What about a powerline wifi plug, they work really well

I dont know about those antennae specifically but they can make a difference in extending range 

Signal cuts of pretty often. Defeats the purpose of the repeater. 

I cant do powerline cause the First floor is on a different breaker as the second floor. 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

its kinda complicated

larger antenna require  more power

but it should be clean and not noisy 

not sure how good the amps are on the asus routers

I'm guessing its pretty beefy since the stock antenna is pretty beefy to begin with. :)

Care to elaborate on "complicated?"

Well that second one is a directional antenna. IT could drastically improve reception if you keep the directionality in mind

What I was thinking was using the second one to direct the signal to my room and use the other two to increase range downstairs. :) 

get a cheap n router and use it as an access point . i had a tplink antenna big antenna,the router didn`t had the power to amplify it at max dbi.but it did improve the range a bit but the speed,no

get a cheap n router and use it as an access point . i had a tplink antenna big antenna,the router didn`t had the power to amplify it at max dbi.but it did improve the range a bit but the speed,no

Sadly I wont be able to route an Rj45 cable. :| I would have to redo my ceiling to do that. =)) 

Cables cant be exposed as much as possible.