HELP PLEASE! X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI (rev. 1.0) not booting with weird status LEDs blinks

Go to solution Solved by CriSis_,
On 8/14/2023 at 6:28 AM, MistyAI said:

Thanks for a reply, however, I failed to mention that I did attempt to do so, the problem is, there's no video output at all, so I'm not really sure how am I supposed to update it. I've read that some motherboard do support CPU-less BIOS updates, but I don't have such USB port on this motherboard. Theoretically I could get the 2700X back in the system to update it, but for that, I'd need to essentially rebuild both systems, which is suboptimal. If you know any other way around, please let me know ^^.

Unfortunately from what I can tell all of Gigabyte's b450 and x470 mobos don't support Q-flash (Gigabyte's version of CPU-less bios updating) so I'm afraid you would have to update the bios with the 2700x installed. You could possibly rent a loaner CPU from AMD which is something they used to do a while back in order to let people update their bios, though I'm not certain if that service still exists -聽https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

One other thing I will mention is to make sure your motherboard revision is the right one; either check the box if you still have it or check the mobo for the rev number having been silk screened on (likely the very top or bottom). Once you know which one make sure you install the bios from the correct mobo revisions support page to avoid any potential issues 馃槃

If you need any more help just msg, also apologies for the delayed response xD

Hello, I've recently pulled out my X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI (rev. 1.0) motherboard to build a second PC to host stuff on it, however, it is not booting at all and status LEDs are blinking in this pattern: red DRAM LED lit for couple seconds, then red CPU LED blinks very quickly. I think it might be because of the new CPU (Ryzen 5 5600G) since the original CPU that was in it was Ryzen 7 2700X. It can not be a RAM issue, since I've tried to install the original stick that were in it and nothing changed. Also tried clearing CMOS and tried with only one stick of RAM in different slots.

Specs of the machine:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600G (previously Ryzen 7 2700X)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32 Gb DDR4 3600MHz (previously Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16Gb DDR4 2666MHz)

PSU: 600W Thermaltake smart series

Motherboard: X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI (rev. 1.0)

M.2 SSDs: 2x 500Gb Crucial P3 Plus

4 hours ago, CriSis_ said:

You'll need to update the bios if you haven't already from it's current version to at least version F61 to support the 5600g, almost certain that is what would be causing these issues -聽https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-GAMING-5-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-cpu

Thanks for a reply, however, I failed to mention that I did attempt to do so, the problem is, there's no video output at all, so I'm not really sure how am I supposed to update it. I've read that some motherboard do support CPU-less BIOS updates, but I don't have such USB port on this motherboard. Theoretically I could get the 2700X back in the system to update it, but for that, I'd need to essentially rebuild both systems, which is suboptimal. If you know any other way around, please let me know ^^.

On 8/14/2023 at 6:28 AM, MistyAI said:

Unfortunately from what I can tell all of Gigabyte's b450 and x470 mobos don't support Q-flash (Gigabyte's version of CPU-less bios updating) so I'm afraid you would have to update the bios with the 2700x installed. You could possibly rent a loaner CPU from AMD which is something they used to do a while back in order to let people update their bios, though I'm not certain if that service still exists -聽https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

One other thing I will mention is to make sure your motherboard revision is the right one; either check the box if you still have it or check the mobo for the rev number having been silk screened on (likely the very top or bottom). Once you know which one make sure you install the bios from the correct mobo revisions support page to avoid any potential issues 馃槃

3 hours ago, CriSis_ said:

No need to apologize 馃槃, and again, thanks for responding! As I mentioned, I still have the 2700X, so I should be fine for that. Also, if you know, should I straight away update to the latest version of the BIOS, or step by step? Again, thanks for everything!

44 minutes ago, MistyAI said:

No need to apologize 馃槃, and again, thanks for responding! As I mentioned, I still have the 2700X, so I should be fine for that. Also, if you know, should I straight away update to the latest version of the BIOS, or step by step? Again, thanks for everything!

No problem xD. I am afraid you will have to update in steps, looks like a fair few of them 馃槥(should have mentioned that xD) make sure you know which bios you currently are on (I suspect F2) and you will need to update to F61 using these instructions聽https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-GAMING-5-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios馃槃

Need any more help, just shoot me a msg 馃檪

19 hours ago, CriSis_ said:

No problem xD. I am afraid you will have to update in steps, looks like a fair few of them 馃槥(should have mentioned that xD) make sure you know which bios you currently are on (I suspect F2) and you will need to update to F61 using these instructions聽https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-GAMING-5-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios馃槃

Need any more help, just shoot me a msg 馃檪

Thank you so much for being so helpful! Wish you the best ^^