Have you guys ever heard of a game called Rogue Company? I

StonerNixon

Rogue Company was developed by hi-rez….. so we all know how that is lol. This game is fucking bad. It’s almost unplayable it’s so broken. And it’s a game that’s been out since 2020

The hardware I’m running is : Core i5 9700k water cooled

RX 580 

32gb Corsair rgb ram

yes I know the graphics card is lacking, but it came out it 2017.  And the game struggles to preform on the graphics card… 

the game is so poorly optimized that changing the in game resolution from 2k to 1080p to 720p has no effect what so ever on the FPS. I have the game on low everything , and in 2k because there is no difference in lag nor fps between the resolutions. I do play at 1080p when I placebo myself into thinking it helps. 

I also stream while playing the game, and there is no visible difference between them. The FPS and lag are the same. Having the game being the ONLY thing running on my pc , makes no difference either. 

The servers are so unstable you get disconnected halfway through match, and if you have teammates they normally get a deserter penalty…. 

The devs knew how bad the lag is, and decided to make to lag notification symbol so small , and so off your screen, it’s not noticeable at all. Before when there was lag , it would should up middle of the screen on the bottom, the same size as a kill award. They old way, actually let you know when lag was happening. This knew way covers it up and blames YOUR hardware.

I have went through 3 different pc set ups , and 2 different internet connections to try and play this game…. 

core i7 6700

1050ti 

32gigs

ryzen 7 1700 

RX 580 

32 gig 

Core i5 9700k

1660 super (broke after a month)

32gig 

My internet connection went from 60 mbs down 10 upload

to 

1gb down 30 upload

its the best, and cheapest offered in my area that is non commercial that I’ve managed to find. 

I’ve literally got a 2060 super lined up for when my next pay cheque comes in. And that is my LAST hope in making this game run properly. 

I mostly just want to be told “no you’re not crazy, the game should run on all of that hardware” or tell me I’m wrong . I’m poor, I can’t afford to PC game, and should just give up lol

Edited by StonerNixon
Mistake

18 minutes ago, StonerNixon said:

I mostly just want to be told “no you’re not crazy, the game should run on all of that hardware” or tell me I’m wrong . I’m poor, I can’t afford to PC game, and should just give up lol

What about telling you to just find a game that isn't programmed so shitty. There are plenty of games that run well on older hardware.

15 minutes ago, StonerNixon said:

was developed by hi-rez….. so we all know how that is lol

Actually no idea what or who that is supposed to be? The game uses Unreal Engine 4. Like many others, they have no clue or interest in properly deploying said engine. UE4 offers great improvements in visuals but that implementation comes at a cost. Basically if you want your game to sell or whatever, turn every feature on and then it looks really amazing but it probably performs very poorly for 99% of users. That being said, if the game is also available for Xbox and PS, those iterations probably are capped at 30 to 60 fps, which would make it look like super smooth gameplay when compared to a pc. Just my guess though as I am not familiar with this game and the developer. Changing out the hardware won't do much if the game itself is broken. It only helps if other games struggle as well. The game looks like a rush job to make tons of profit by copying an established concept and milking it by adding ingame purchasable crap. What you can try is to do some research into game settings. UE based games usually have settings files that can be altered to run better, especially when there are options missing in the ingame menu. What I would try personally if were a decent game was to play in window mode and set a frame limiter to 60 and 30 and see if things improve.

49 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

What I would try personally if were a decent game was to play in window mode and set a frame limiter to 60 and 30 and see if things improve.

Windowed mode , and windowed boarder less mode both run 80% worse. 

1 hour ago, Blue4130 said:

What about telling you to just find a game that isn't programmed so shitty. There are plenty of games that run well on older hardware.

Tell my friends lol that’s the issue . We are all ADDICTED to this damn game . I’m the one to be like hey guys it dosnt work let’s play something else and everyone just say they’re going to bed. So I immediately give in when their all online the next day