Corsair RM750x vs RM750e

What is the difference between these two PSUs. I can find things about the RM750 vs the RM750x but nothing about what makes the Rm750e different. The difference between the RM750 and the RM750e is $20 with the "e" being cheaper, is there a reason to use the more expensive "x"?

6 minutes ago, daaaaavia said:

What is the difference between these two PSUs. I can find things about the RM750 vs the RM750x but nothing about what makes the Rm750e different. The difference between the RM750 and the RM750e is $20 with the "e" being cheaper, is there a reason to use the more expensive "x"?

RMx has better quality capacitors and cooling which means it gets a 10 year warranty instead the the 7 year warranty given to the RMe.
The RMe uses Taiwanese capacitors and a smaller 120mm fan. The RMx uses Japanese capacitors and a larger 135mm or 140mm fan.
That being said. The RMe is in no way a bad PSU and is absolutely a good PSU with great reliability and quality.

They basically use diffrent capacitors one using Taiwanese capacitors (RMe) and the other one using Japanese capacitors (RMe), the latter is of better quality and build making it more reliable but for a higher price tag while the former is just for budget. There is also a difference in the fans as well.  The RMe has a 7 year warranty and the RMx has a 10 year warranty. 

Here is a reddit thread that might have more info: 

10 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

RMx has better quality capacitors and cooling which means it gets a 10 year warranty instead the the 7 year warranty given to the RMe.
The RMe uses Taiwanese capacitors and a smaller 120mm fan. The RMx uses Japanese capacitors and a larger 135mm or 140mm fan.
That being said. The RMe is in no way a bad PSU and is absolutely a good PSU with great reliability and quality.

So are you say the "x" is of a higher quality but using the "e" wont effect performance or make me worry?

30 minutes ago, daaaaavia said:

So are you say the "x" is of a higher quality but using the "e" wont effect performance or make me worry?

Exactly. The RM series are great PSU's, infact, I exclusively use the RM series from Corsair in all my builds.
Going with the RMe will not affect performance and you should not worry the slightest, its still a very high quality PSU.  If I were buying a new PSU right now for my system, I'd probably go with the RMe.
lets say quality is on a scale from 1 to 100.  RMx being 100, The RMe would fall between 92-93%.

If you plan on replacing your system within 7 years, I would buy the quieter RM750x, barring they both stay at $100.

the pc guy