Facebook Sold Me This Antivirus USB

JordB

Linus has a 2TB Ventoy drive what kind of iso needs that much space and how many different ISO you can Theoretically fit into 2TB. (Iam pretty sure they just used a fast NVME as a Ventoy disk). Antony should make a simple tutorial on how to use the other tools mentioned in the video maybe start a tech tutorial (Linus tech tutorials)  channel.

Wow, that's actually a lot less useless than I thought it would be. I always expect those things to be pure snake oil.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Fun fact - London Drugs would sell you a virus removal package that included a tech just running malware bytes, FixMeStick and CCleaner, and then up charge if the computer still wasn’t clean.

I saw some comments pointing out that people might not be able to change their boot order as newer systems disable usb boot by default. Fear Not! FixMeStick appears as a USB drive in windows with a single EXE file that will attempt to reboot to the usb. It had a 70% success rate and if it failed would automatically open your browser to a help page to walk you through manually opening the boot menu. 

I would not rely on windows built in backup, at least not without checking up on it every month. 

I have found multiple times where it could be working for years and then just inexplicably doesn’t copy anything new.  I can completely turn it off, format the backup drive, try to start it again and it says it’s all set up… but zero backups happening. 

Obviously  you should always check your backup anyway, but don’t think of Windows’s option as set and forget. 

5 hours ago, kuro68k said:

There is one huge flaw with this. Most business machines and an increasing number of consumer ones are encrypted. Bitlocker enabled by default.

It can't decrypt those drives.

had a client laptop. the ssd and the ram stick where salvage. but rest of it. was damage to  a point of un salvage. anyhow. i ask the client. did you have a back-up ?

(yes the person said). they let me keep the ram and ssd as part of overall payment for work i did with them. seeing i dod whip the drive. did not need to worry about bit locker.

i normal use those drives and ram sticks as test parts for other laptops.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

The subtitles are messed up,

Someone copy-pasted the whole script to the first few seconds of the video and the rest of the video has no subtitles.

image.thumb.png.dae8bb0a0963b66c34f51961263a7d36.png

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I just realized, doesn't this require Secure Boot to be disabled and "Boot from USB" to be selected as a valid option (and preferably the first bootable option in the boot list)? Since it's generally turned off by default from most laptop/PC manufacturers, I'm unsure if someone's grandparents would know how to get into their BIOS let alone configure it. Surprised this wasn't really mentioned in the video.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

• 1 month later...

Good luck to grandpa to enter the not so polished boot menu or bios which has different interfaces and different keys to enter on each system, and especially on old machines its not gonna look great

On 8/13/2023 at 7:54 AM, Birblover12 said:

I just realized, doesn't this require Secure Boot to be disabled and "Boot from USB" to be selected as a valid option (and preferably the first bootable option in the boot list)? Since it's generally turned off by default from most laptop/PC manufacturers, I'm unsure if someone's grandparents would know how to get into their BIOS let alone configure it. Surprised this wasn't really mentioned in the video.

exactly, most bios/boot menus arent polished at all especially on old systems and they have different keys to enter it