Emulation assistance.

Chefchiras

Hey guys so I'm a self taught tech guy learning as I go so since I'm green I have a dell optiplex that's bare bones and a hp elitedesk My only desire is to have enough power to emulate anything from nes to ps2 (PS3 if possible) but that's it no fortnite no cs:go just emulation. Any advice on cpu gpu ram or if there's a cheaper way to reach my goal. It was my brother and nephews favorite system so I wanted to surprise him with all the games they have since he's going off to college this year. Thanks in advance. 

Thank you so much I really appreciate it I'll attach a link to it at the bottom of you need additional information. Thank you again. 

Screen Resolution ‎3840 x 2160

Max Screen Resolution ‎3840 x 2160 pixels

Processor ‎3.2 GHz amd_ryzen_7

RAM ‎8 GB

Hard Drive ‎128 GB

Chipset Brand ‎AMD

Wireless Type ‎802.11ac

Other Technical Details

Brand ‎wowe

Item model number ‎HU-MNPC07-B

Hardware Platform ‎PC

Operating System ‎Windows 10

Item Weight ‎1.1 pounds

Package Dimensions ‎9.53 x 6.81 x 3.23 inches

Color ‎Black

Processor Brand ‎AMD

Computer Memory Type ‎DDR4 SDRAM

Flash Memory Size ‎128 GB

Hard Drive Interface ‎PCIE x 4

Batteries ‎1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)

https://www.amazon.com/wowe-Excavator-A9-9400-Supports-Ethernet/dp/B0B6VQMKCM/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=1SGMMCTE5WRUY&keywords=wo-we+mini+pc&qid=1692333180&sprefix=WO-We+%2Caps%2C231&sr=8-4

The CPU, AMD Excavator A9-9400, is quite old(7ish years) and that will hold back emulation somewhat.

I'd say you could probably emulate up to N64 and PS1, maybe GameCube but I don't think PS2 emulation will be playable.

Also the GPU, Radeon R5 Graphics, is even older and is as powerful as a GT220 or GT 430 I think.

If you haven't bought the PC yet, you may have better purchasing power looking at eBay deals.

If you have bought the PC already...well then try emulation out and see what you can get playable! 😁

3 hours ago, EChondo said:

The CPU, AMD Excavator A9-9400, is quite old(7ish years) and that will hold back emulation somewhat.

I'd say you could probably emulate up to N64 and PS1, maybe GameCube but I don't think PS2 emulation will be playable.

Also the GPU, Radeon R5 Graphics, is even older and is as powerful as a GT220 or GT 430 I think.

If you haven't bought the PC yet, you may have better purchasing power looking at eBay deals.

If you have bought the PC already...well then try emulation out and see what you can get playable! 😁

I actually just watched a tutorial and if you run batocera on it it will run up to 80% of ps2 at full speed. But I can personally say that wii runs on it along with Dreamcast and GameCube ps2 on psx2 has some lag to it but it was worth every penny.