Disadvantages of generic cases

AvoK95

The market in my country only uses generic cases and power supplies, and what makes me different from other companies, is that my computers use branded high quality 80Plus Certified power supplies. However, this makes my prices be much more expensive, thus losing me customers. 1 thing I thought about eliminating from office builds is that I could replace budget branded cases and replace them with generic ones. I already made a poll with my clients and they don't care what the case is and what features it has as long as it works. 

So then I though I could get some generic cases that are brand-less and stick the name of my small company. This will makes the computers about $50 cheaper and I'll sell it as my own brand if I need to. 

The question in my mind remains, are there any disadvantages of using generic cases? If so, what are they? :)

Generic cases are smaller, do not support multiple MOBO(ATX, M-ATX, MiniITX in the same case), do not have enough room for upgrades(forget adding graphic cards ~ it will be hard for you to even add additional HDD), sometimes standard PSU do not fit them and they suffer from bad airflow. In general if you are building a PC for your customer whose primary use of the PC will be internet surfing, ms office and light entertainment ~ then such cases will not be a problem.

Less cable managment, maybe you get a cut or two working in them. Small.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

1. Colour inside

2. Usually room for only 1 HDD

3. No room for upgrading

4. No cable management

5. They're ulgy

Generic cases are smaller, do not support multiple MOBO(ATX, M-ATX, MiniITX in the same case), do not have enough room for upgrades(forget adding graphic cards ~ it will be hard for you to even add additional HDD), sometimes standard PSU do not fit them and they suffer from bad airflow. In general if you are building a PC for your customer whose primary use of the PC will be internet surfing, ms office and light entertainment ~ then such cases will not be a problem.

Well the cases we have here are being used like regular computers. They support any standard ATX PSU, they support up to 5 hard drives, 3 ODDs and even some mid range graphics cards. They also got front, back and side fan mounts for 80mm fans. So guess those disadvantages don't count for the cases we got :)

Less cable managment, maybe you get a cut or two working in them. Small.

Most of my clients don't care about how it looks inside their PC .

Honestly I would just go with the generic ones. If you don't need to compromise on your service and it's cheaper, it's objectively a better business decision.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Well the cases we have here are being used like regular computers. They support any standard ATX PSU, they support up to 5 hard drives, 3 ODDs and even some mid range graphics cards. They also got front, back and side fan mounts for 80mm fans. So guess those disadvantages don't count for the cases we got :)

Most of my clients don't care about how it looks inside their PC .

That's alright then ~ go for them. Spending on cases is for the more aesthetically inclined who want to showcase their builds.

I used a generic CIT case in my cousins PC and it was OK to work with, I mean I gutted the whole thing and ghetto mounted the PSU as it was sucking air through a mesh cover and sounded like a jet engine. Removed the drive cage and pre-installed fans too as they were useless (SSD only solution) and the fan moved no air.