How to access Google Chrome bookmarks without opening Chrome

Sena

Hey guys,

So I came home today and hopped on Google Chrome today and for some odd reason it's automatically unresponsive after I start it up, on top of that, it takes forever to load and close, even with task manager. I cannot click on anything, it stays on the Google homepage and when I tried to click on the settings or anything else it becomes busy. I don't know why this is happening but I can't find any fixes so I'm just planning on moving to Firefox. Is there anyway I can access my Google Chrome bookmarks without starting it up? I have a lot of bookmarks that I wish to send over to Firefox but don't really know how to do this. I never had this issue with Google Chrome before but it's really annoying me, I've already restarted my computer over 10 times and waited for hours...

try this first

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2010/02/google-chrome-safe-mode.html

otherwise the bookmarks folder should physically be in the AppData/Local directory. 

You can type %AppData% into explorer and browse for it from there. That should take you to AppData/Roaming, move up one folder from there. 

found it, you can open the file with notepad.

6Wfj0UY.png

Error: 410

I think Firefox gives you the option when installing it to get bookmarks from chrome.

But if not, you can just manually get your bookmarks by opening the bookmarks file at C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

Thank you so much! I went with the second option since I was unable to do anything on Chrome.