Is there anything special about female USB A ports directly on the motherboard?

Guest Tyler510

I'm currently planning a build and I had originally settled on the G1.Sniper B5 or Z5s for the green accents but I heard Gigabyte boards have BIOS issues so I found a new board to use and it's the ASrock Z87 Extreme 4. 2 things I noticed that I found a bit odd are the dual USB 3 headers and a standard female USB 3.0 A port. Is it just a regular USB port but hidden (say I want to keep a USB drive or USB keyboard/mouse receiver) or does it offer anything more like faster speeds being directly on the board? Just curious but I have a feeling it's just a regular port.

Regular USB3.0 port, some software comes with physical hardware to connect via USB that works as DRM for the software, having it inside the case is more secure than in the back with the rest of the IO. Surprised to see it on a board like this, it's usually X79 specific because the people buying such software usually have those motherboards.

As for the dual USB3.0 headers, it's just useful to have more than one. Most boards have more than 1 USB2.0 header these days, same principle.