I'm concerned moving my screen by grabbing it by more than its bezels can cause damage to pixels.

LOST TALE
Go to solution Solved by Needfuldoer,

I've manhandled dozens of LCD panels, from 15" computer monitors to 70+ TVs. They can take a surprising amount of abuse, but they can also crack very easily from a sharp impact. (And of course once they break, there's no fixing them.)

So long as the force is spread out a bit, it should be okay. Try to handle it by the frame and stand as much as possible, and don't be careless.

Curse all those who think bezels are great. Is my concern warranted?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

16 minutes ago, LOST TALE said:

Is my concern warranted?

no.

it's designed to be carried and moved reasonably. they didn't build it thinking nobody can touch or move it.

18 minutes ago, emosun said:

no.

it's designed to be carried and moved reasonably. they didn't build it thinking nobody can touch or move it.

even if I move it daily?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

3 minutes ago, LOST TALE said:

even if I move it daily?

so long as you are moving it in a reasonable way then yes you can move it daily.

you can move a faberge egg daily so long as you don't drop it or handle it in a dumb way

I've manhandled dozens of LCD panels, from 15" computer monitors to 70+ TVs. They can take a surprising amount of abuse, but they can also crack very easily from a sharp impact. (And of course once they break, there's no fixing them.)

So long as the force is spread out a bit, it should be okay. Try to handle it by the frame and stand as much as possible, and don't be careless.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

While LCD monitors are in general can take abuses. Select monitors like the LG 4K lines of desktop monitors, with their actual super thin borders (with the plastic housing) are fragile. The manual tells you how to carry them, and even position your hands to adjust the monitor on its stand. Those monitors are getting closer to the video-wall displays. Video-wall displays have 1-2mm borders all around (so way thinner) and no housing, and hence why they can only be purposed and installed through certified/trained technicians/dealers. Anything will break them. Very fragile.

But ignoring those high-end monitors, yea, they are pretty robust.