The All Alienware Setup

AdamFromLTT

Alienware is the out-of-this-world system integrator that produces, monitors, keyboards, gaming PCs and well, a whole lot more. While we've been super positive on their QD-OLED gaming monitors how is the rest of their lineup? Their Aurora R15 was maligned by the DIY community, but maybe their fully redesigned Aurora R16? With an Intel Core i7-13700F CPU and an NVIDIA RTX 4070, it just might be a good setup. Only one way to find out.

"All the front IO is just, right on the board so there's no internal wiring. That's pretty cool."

Or as the rest of the community calls it, wasteful. It means the case can't be re-used with another motherboard, and the motherboard can't be used with another case. Which coming from someone who normally champions repairability is a bit disappointing.

Love the throwback to LTTs first video at the start 😉

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Did GN announced on twitter or somewhere else if they gone review the new Alienware case?

I am curious if Alienware finally manged to build a good PC.

People never go out of business.

4 minutes ago, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

I am curious if Alienware finally manged to build a good PC.

Have they ever?

Serious question, since their takeover by Dell...have they ever made a good system?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Looks like DELL still has not learned anything from their E-waste machines.

how badly do they want to keep those 10+ year old metal presses just to save a few pennies on production

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

33 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

since their takeover by Dell...have they ever made a good system?

Dell Optiplex are great but not the best on the market.

So Dell can consistently build good office PCs and of course good server. It's just their gaming PCs that are a constant miss.

People never go out of business.

what game does linus play in the last chapter of the video

4 minutes ago, Apr1l-81 said:

what game does linus play in the last chapter of the video

Returnal

1 hour ago, coonwhiz said:

"All the front IO is just, right on the board so there's no internal wiring. That's pretty cool."

Or as the rest of the community calls it, wasteful. It means the case can't be re-used with another motherboard, and the motherboard can't be used with another case. Which coming from someone who normally champions repairability is a bit disappointing.

I find it funny how you can pick up an OptiPlex and case swap it much easier than one of these Alienwares (which isn't even targeting more of  a gamer type audience like Alienware PCs)

CPU: i5-2470
GPU: RX 580 8G GDDR5
RAM: 8 gigs
PSU: ThermalTake Smart 500W
Case: MSI Mag Forge 112r

Storage:
     1TB HDD (games)
     400 GB SSD (Windows)

2 hours ago, coonwhiz said:

When I heard that line I thought to myself "that is exactly what a sponsor would pay you to say to validate their stupid anti-consumer design choices" but then I went back and nowhere did it say the video was sponsored by Alienware/Dell. And Linus stated many times in the past that he will only say in a video what he truly believes himself... Well if your opinions are indistinguishable from a sponsored ad then you might want to rethink how you approach things. 

They don't sell this stuff in stores do they? If not, there really are people out there buying these products? $290 for that keyboard?! Absolutely egregious! 

5 hours ago, Lardson said:

I find it funny how you can pick up an OptiPlex and case swap it much easier than one of these Alienwares (which isn't even targeting more of  a gamer type audience like Alienware PCs)

No.

Dell OptiPlex 5000 SFF – Specs and upgrade options

Differences Between OptiPlex 3000 Vs. 5000 Vs. 7000 (2022 models)

And no again. All recent optiplex's  since like LGA1151 and up have the wide motherboard, alongside the proprietary power connectors. As far as I know the 7010 and probably 9010 and 3010 (2nd/3rd gen Intel CPU's) are the latest Dell bussiness machines that use standard power and motherboard size. And the XX20 was probably the last to use a standard motherboard size but with proprietary power connectors.

I missed the days when alienware made PCs that weren't rectangular

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

4 hours ago, williamcll said:

I missed the days when alienware made PCs that weren't rectangular

And could fit a NORMAL 3rd party ATX motherboard. 

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 8/3/2023 at 8:20 PM, AndreiArgeanu said:

No.

And no again. All recent optiplex's  since like LGA1151 and up have the wide motherboard, alongside the proprietary power connectors. As far as I know the 7010 and probably 9010 and 3010 (2nd/3rd gen Intel CPU's) are the latest Dell bussiness machines that use standard power and motherboard size. And the XX20 was probably the last to use a standard motherboard size but with proprietary power connectors.

I never said all OptiPlexes. I should know, ive case swapped plenty of them.

Storage:
     1TB HDD (games)
     400 GB SSD (Windows)

On 8/3/2023 at 8:20 PM, AndreiArgeanu said:

No.

I never said all OptiPlexes. I should know, ive case swapped plenty of them. edit: accidentally posted 2 of these somehow

Storage:
     1TB HDD (games)
     400 GB SSD (Windows)

Was this a review or sponsored video?  It wasn't said up front and it seems like a sponsored video based on some of the talking points.