Viewfinder on handycam not Working.

I put my Sony Handycam HC-30 back together, but now it keep displaying that, "Cover is not open." But also switching to the viewfinder doesn't work either and I'm not sure what the issue is.

It sounds like it could be an issue with the display flex cable in the camera, or it could be thinking it is in a different mode. Some information might help diagnose it further.

What were you taking it apart for and what did you do to take it apart? As well, the error message suggests that there might be an issue with the physical lens cover. Make sure it's opening properly and fully. In some cases, it could be stuck or jammed. Try to open and close it a few times to see if the camera starts to recognize the change. There's a small sensor that detects whether the lens cover is open or closed. If this sensor is dirty or blocked, it could cause the error message. Check for this sensor (it should be near the lens cover), and gently clean it with a soft brush or compressed air. Be very careful not to damage the sensor or lens.

2 hours ago, Evident said:

It sounds like it could be an issue with the display flex cable in the camera, or it could be thinking it is in a different mode. Some information might help diagnose it further.

What were you taking it apart for and what did you do to take it apart? As well, the error message suggests that there might be an issue with the physical lens cover. Make sure it's opening properly and fully. In some cases, it could be stuck or jammed. Try to open and close it a few times to see if the camera starts to recognize the change. There's a small sensor that detects whether the lens cover is open or closed. If this sensor is dirty or blocked, it could cause the error message. Check for this sensor (it should be near the lens cover), and gently clean it with a soft brush or compressed air. Be very careful not to damage the sensor or lens.

The piece circled in white is what I opened up since I replaced the the flex cable for the display, but to get to replace it, I also had to pop of the side which is circled blue, after that one , I took off next piece which is the one circled in red.

20230803_132305.jpg

20230803_132708.jpg

20230803_132949.jpg