GTX 1060 in Acer Aspire TC-895?

Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
9 minutes ago, Pheonix039 said:

The PSU in the computer right now doesn't have an extra 6pin connector, only a single 6pin and a 4pin and both are plugged into the motherboard. Do you have any other ideas/solutions by chance?

The 6pin to the GPU would be a different cable compared to the 6pin and 4pin to the motherboard.
The only suitable GPU would be a GPU without the requirement of an external power connector such as the GTX 1650, some models are 75w and work very well! They draw all their power through the slot in the motherboard.
One can always frankenstein something together with an external power supply or weird cables, that would require a bit of tinkering and its not the easiest or safest way.

hey guys, I've had my acer aspire tc-895 for a while now and it's been nice and all but the lack of a gpu really held me back, and I was recently given a gtx 1060 and I was wondering if you can put it the acer aspire and have it work with the original 300w power supply, and if it doesn't work what will I have to do to make it work? I attached links and pictures to all the stuff for reference.

this is the where I bought the aspire from

acer motherboard.jpg

gtx 1060.jpg

27 minutes ago, Pheonix039 said:

hey guys, I've had my acer aspire tc-895 for a while now and it's been nice and all but the lack of a gpu really held me back, and I was recently given a gtx 1060 and I was wondering if you can put it the acer aspire and have it work with the original 300w power supply, and if it doesn't work what will I have to do to make it work? I attached links and pictures to all the stuff for reference.

this is the where I bought the aspire from

acer motherboard.jpg

gtx 1060.jpg

Its going to be pushing it close but I have seen worse! if the PSU has a 6pin connector for your 1060 then give it a try.
The GPU itself draws a max of 125w and your CPU draws a max of 65w. Say 200 for both.  That leaves another 100 for the rest of the system and that is not too bad, RAM draws 3-4w per 8GB of RAM and fans draw around 4-10 watts depending on speed.  Its also unlikely you will draw 100% power from both CPU and GPU when gaming so it will be under 200w most of the time.

40 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Its going to be pushing it close but I have seen worse! if the PSU has a 6pin connector for your 1060 then give it a try.
The GPU itself draws a max of 125w and your CPU draws a max of 65w. Say 200 for both.  That leaves another 100 for the rest of the system and that is not too bad, RAM draws 3-4w per 8GB of RAM and fans draw around 4-10 watts depending on speed.  Its also unlikely you will draw 100% power from both CPU and GPU when gaming so it will be under 200w most of the time.

The PSU in the computer right now doesn't have an extra 6pin connector, only a single 6pin and a 4pin and both are plugged into the motherboard. Do you have any other ideas/solutions by chance?

9 minutes ago, Pheonix039 said:

The 6pin to the GPU would be a different cable compared to the 6pin and 4pin to the motherboard.
The only suitable GPU would be a GPU without the requirement of an external power connector such as the GTX 1650, some models are 75w and work very well! They draw all their power through the slot in the motherboard.
One can always frankenstein something together with an external power supply or weird cables, that would require a bit of tinkering and its not the easiest or safest way.