USB says its "reading" for hours

GeorgeWonks
Go to solution Solved by Stin6667,
7 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I would probably guess the stereo can't read the format of the USB drive, or it just can't read the drive at all. I do find it curious that it would say "reading" rather than throwing an error of some kind.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, your proposed solutions #1 and #3 are the same solution -- an issue of formatting.

No exacly. 1 is the file types. aka mp3 mp4 etc. For this one I am surgesting. converting the files to a file type that is recognized by the player. 
3 is the usb formating aka NTFS. for this one. A complete format of the usb to a format that the player can read. 

I plugged in my 32 GB USB drive to my Kenwood car stereo (DDX716WBTM),it contains about 5gb of photos and videos.It says reading for hours but never really shows anything.Is it because of the file size?

It works on the pc fine 

Just spit balling. But since its a car stereo. It could be that it can not read the drive. If you have tried the usb on another pc. And it works. then it could be a few things going on.
1) The car does accept the format of the files on the drive but it is trying. Look up what file formats it supports ( most likly)
2) Something wrong at the port. try unplugging it and replugging it. Or if it has 2 ports try the second on.
3)Highly unproberble. but just putting it out there just for completness as this has happened to me MANY years ago. The drive formatting what the drive is formatted as. ex4 btfs etc. 

8 minutes ago, GeorgeWonks said:

Is it because of the file size

Should't be a problem but can be. it it will be the same level as I posed for #3 unlikly but possble

I would probably guess the stereo can't read the format of the USB drive, or it just can't read the drive at all. I do find it curious that it would say "reading" rather than throwing an error of some kind.

3 minutes ago, Stin6667 said:

Should't be a problem but can be. it it will be the same level as I posed for #3 unlikly but possble

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, your proposed solutions #1 and #3 are the same solution -- an issue of formatting.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

7 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

No exacly. 1 is the file types. aka mp3 mp4 etc. For this one I am surgesting. converting the files to a file type that is recognized by the player. 
3 is the usb formating aka NTFS. for this one. A complete format of the usb to a format that the player can read. 

Edited by Stin6667

11 minutes ago, Stin6667 said:

Ok thankyou,I'll try these out

17 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

It is still says reading after 2 hrs

21 minutes ago, GeorgeWonks said:

Very sorry for this but the dad in me cant help it...

At least your usb is going to be very well read and literate. 😆

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, GeorgeWonks said:

After reading the doc I sent more. This will prob be the best solution. Format the usb to fat32 or fat16

image.png.84eecb5b0f1bbee47fd57752857fe51e.png

Then make sure your files match what is needed

image.png.26b23784dd661ccb7a241b9163fb0bdc.png

If that still doesn't work. Just like it says at the end of the doc. You need to change the usb..

2 hours ago, Stin6667 said:

After reading the doc I sent more. This will prob be the best solution. Format the usb to fat32 or fat16

image.png.84eecb5b0f1bbee47fd57752857fe51e.png

Then make sure your files match what is needed

image.png.26b23784dd661ccb7a241b9163fb0bdc.png

If that still doesn't work. Just like it says at the end of the doc. You need to change the usb..

I'll try it out and send a reply if it works