Micro-stutters while browsing or desktop-related stuff

I recently upgraded cpu,mobo and ram and am experiencing micro stutters while simply using firefox.

Games are not afflicted for some reason

EXPO is enabled and Memory context restore as well in bios (boot times are too long if i don't enable it)

B650 Carbon Wifi

Ryzen 7800X3D

Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000Mhz 32GB

RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Masterwatt 750W

Recommended performance settings and/or hardware acceleration enabled in the browser's settings? Which platform, Windows I presume? Latest version of Firefox? Desktop running at 60 Hz or more? You're experiencing these microstutters, when exactly? Specific sites, when scrolling, …?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

5 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Recommended performance settings and/or hardware acceleration enabled in the browser's settings? Which platform, Windows I presume? Latest version of Firefox? Desktop running at 60 Hz or more? You're experiencing these microstutters, when exactly? Specific sites, when scrolling, …?

Currently using the reccomended performance settings on firefox. Windows 11, Firefox is latest version, desktop running at 240Hz.

Microstutters happen randomly, when watching a video, without doing anything at times.

5 minutes ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

Currently using the reccomended performance settings on firefox. Windows 11, Firefox is latest version, desktop running at 240Hz.

Microstutters happen randomly, when watching a video, without doing anything at times.

If this is on YouTube, you could try right clicking the video and selecting Stats for Nerds. You should see if there's e.g. dropped frames. Could be a network issue rather than a performance issue with the machine itself.

5 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

If this is on YouTube, you could try right clicking the video and selecting Stats for Nerds. You should see if there's e.g. dropped frames. Could be a network issue rather than a performance issue with the machine itself.

Yeah, i have some dropped frames. So you think it's a network error? I have these microstutters while on desktop as well (using normal apps)

EDIT: while having stats for nerd on, another microstutter happened and the dropped frames didn't increase

39 minutes ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

Yeah, i have some dropped frames. So you think it's a network error? I have these microstutters while on desktop as well (using normal apps)

EDIT: while having stats for nerd on, another microstutter happened and the dropped frames didn't increase

True, network issues shouldn't affect desktop apps. Might be a driver issue?

57 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

True, network issues shouldn't affect desktop apps. Might be a driver issue?

weird. I installed all drivers trough msi center for my motherboard.

Are your graphics card drivers up to date? You can get the latest driver directly from Nvidia's website.

7 hours ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

weird. I installed all drivers trough msi center for my motherboard.

for GPU you want to always grab from the die maker directly, so in this case AMD or Nvidia or Intel.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

6 hours ago, SorryBella said:

for GPU you want to always grab from the die maker directly, so in this case AMD or Nvidia or Intel.

Yeah, i already installed my gpu drivers from geforce experience