Dell Poweredge R620 won’t boot after OS installed

Hello

I have a Dell PowerEdge R620. I booted Ubuntu server off a usb and installed it on one of the hard drives. However upon reboot I am getting no bootable device found. Not sure where to go from here or what setting I am overlooking. 

Thanks for the help in advance 

Which RAID card do you have installed? Is it cross-flashed to IT mode?

Are you using SATA or SAS drives?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Verify your RAID settings and make sure you have them set up properly.  The R620 has a hardware RAID controller, so you'll need to set up your volumes BEFORE you install your OS.  

How to access the RAID controller setup in UEFI configured systems | Dell US

Also, make sure the RAID volume you installed Ubuntu on is actually on the boot drive priority list.  

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

1 hour ago, Needfuldoer said:

Which RAID card do you have installed? Is it cross-flashed to IT mode?

Are you using SATA or SAS drives?

It is a PERC H310 Mini. Not sure if it is flashed to IT Mode. I am using SAS drives

10 minutes ago, gamingdozer said:

It is a PERC H310 Mini. Not sure if it is flashed to IT Mode. I am using SAS drives

I recommend cross-flashing it to IT mode. This disables all the RAID functionality in the card, simply passing the drives through to the OS. It's easier to think about, and recommended practice if you use a filesystem like ZFS.

https://fohdeesha.com/docs/perc.html

35 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

I recommend cross-flashing it to IT mode. This disables all the RAID functionality in the card, simply passing the drives through to the OS. It's easier to think about, and recommended practice if you use a filesystem like ZFS.

https://fohdeesha.com/docs/perc.html

What if I want to keep it as is and just boot off the SAS drive which is set to bootable

1 hour ago, LapsedMemory said:

Verify your RAID settings and make sure you have them set up properly.  The R620 has a hardware RAID controller, so you'll need to set up your volumes BEFORE you install your OS.  

How to access the RAID controller setup in UEFI configured systems | Dell US

Also, make sure the RAID volume you installed Ubuntu on is actually on the boot drive priority list.  

I am seeing the RAID card in the boot order but not the specific drive, should I?

1 minute ago, gamingdozer said:

What if I want to keep it as is and just boot off the SAS drive which is set to bootable

Did you create a virtual RAID volume?

Where did that Linux installation land? Did it install GRUB (or whatever this week's bootloader du jour is?)

Just now, Needfuldoer said:

Did you create a virtual RAID volume?

Where did that Linux installation land? Did it install GRUB (or whatever this week's bootloader du jour is?)

I have one disk set as bootable but did not create a virtual raid volume and I believe it did install GRUB. I downloaded the latest ISO last night

So got it booted to Windows Server 2019 and my boot media is corrupted. Stupid cheap thumb drive