Is Midjourney Free?

Go to solution Solved by Ezzy-525,

Midjourney had three subscription tiers which included a trial good for 25 image generations, but the company withdrew it citing high demand and misuse. Currently Midjourney costs between $10 and $60 per month, depending on the plan.

It used to be free, you set up an account, joined Discord and generated pictures in the common chat, right? But something is not working now. And it forwards to the home page with the given price.

Midjourney had three subscription tiers which included a trial good for 25 image generations, but the company withdrew it citing high demand and misuse. Currently Midjourney costs between $10 and $60 per month, depending on the plan.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

16 minutes ago, Ezzy-525 said:

Midjourney miał trzy poziomy subskrypcji, które obejmowały wersję próbną na 25 generacji obrazów, ale firma wycofała ją, powołując się na duży popyt i niewłaściwe użycie. Obecnie Midjourney kosztuje od 10 do 60 USD miesięcznie, w zależności od planu. 

They included 25 image generations, so what is it?

So all the plans that are paid now were free? It's a pity I didn't use it earlier, I just put it aside.

Do you know any free alternative?

Misuse or what were they doing?

Pretty sure they disabled the free tier since I believe they couldn't justify the high costs of hundreds of thousands of free users overloading the servers 24/7, and because people kept using the service for "less than ideal" things. Not to mention people kept just using alt accounts and circumventing the free tier.

I think they're planning on bringing back the Free Tier once they can figure out how to make it economically viable, but for now you'll have to sign up for one of their subscriptions.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

13 hours ago, GamerGry123 said:

Do you know any free alternative?

I suggest you use Stable Diffusion XL I was already running my own models locally from the Stable Diffusion project but i was also paying for MidJourney but stopped once i have seen what XL can do for free. Having negative prompt and all those adjustment feature at the tip of finger let alone not being tied to discord buggy software (which i don't get since both use chromium)

On 1.08.2023 at 12:38, Franck said:

Sugeruję korzystanie ze  Stable Diffusion XL.  Prowadziłem już lokalnie własne modele z projektu Stable Diffusion, ale płaciłem też za MidJourney, ale przestałem, gdy zobaczyłem, co XL może zrobić za darmo. Posiadanie negatywnego monitu i wszystkich tych funkcji regulacji na czubku palca, nie mówiąc już o tym, że nie jestem przywiązany do błędnego oprogramowania niezgody (którego nie dostaję, ponieważ oba używają chromu)

It's good what you gave. Why is nobody writing about it? Only some artificial popularity they do around one AL the others don't even say they are almost as good. Thanks.