I'm looking to upgrade my Canon T5i

Like the title says, I'm looking to upgrade my T5i and don't know what would be a good, worthwhile upgrade. The key features I'm looking for is higher resolution and wireless file transfer. 

The main types of stuff I will be using it for is nature/landscape photography and occasionally videos.

Thanks for any input you can offer

Do you have lenses you want to keep using? Do you have a budget in mind?

You can go with something like the r7 for the newer mirrorless canon body. You can also go r8 for about the same price for full frame. 

THe fuji x-s20 is anouther good option here for aps-c bodies. 

All of these have wifi, but I have generally found the apps for cameras to not be great.

53 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Do you have lenses you want to keep using? Do you have a budget in mind?

You can go with something like the r7 for the newer mirrorless canon body. You can also go r8 for about the same price for full frame. 

THe fuji x-s20 is anouther good option here for aps-c bodies. 

All of these have wifi, but I have generally found the apps for cameras to not be great.

I do have 2 lenses the default one that comes with it and a 75-300 telescopic. 

I was thinking around $1000 to $1500 cad. But I could be a little flexible if the value is there.

Edit: I checked out the r8 it looks pretty compelling. Would there be any benefit in getting the new kit lens or just sticking with what I have?

18 minutes ago, GStraats said:

I do have 2 lenses the default one that comes with it and a 75-300 telescopic. 

I was thinking around $1000 to $1500 cad. But I could be a little flexible if the value is there.

Honestly take a really good look at the EOS R10, compatible with your lenses via a relatively inexpensive adapter for near perfect performance, fantastic upgrade to your current system, comes in under your budget so some left over cash to pick up some batteries or other accessories, and going forward you can pick up any RF glass you want like a nice 50mm 1.8 or anything that strikes your fancy.  

Could you define why you want "higher resolution" ?

Are you trying to improve image quality?

Lenses will have a significantly larger effect on image quality over a better sensor.

If you're using a kit lens and presumably a cheap 75-300mm zoom lens, you should try demoing better lenses.

Do you literally want higher resolution because you want to crop more?

I'm not a videographer so I don't have much knowledge in this area.

Just make sure your camera is recording video in its highest bitrate, and make sure your ISO is not insanely high unless it needs to be.

Again, image quality will improve if you can get a a better lens with a larger aperture (which will mean less ISO)

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

4 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Could you define why you want "higher resolution" ?

Are you trying to improve image quality?

Lenses will have a significantly larger effect on image quality over a better sensor.

If you're using a kit lens and presumably a cheap 75-300mm zoom lens, you should try demoing better lenses.

Do you literally want higher resolution because you want to crop more?

I'm not a videographer so I don't have much knowledge in this area.

Just make sure your camera is recording video in its highest bitrate, and make sure your ISO is not insanely high unless it needs to be.

Again, image quality will improve if you can get a a better lens with a larger aperture (which will mean less ISO)

My current camera is 1080p and 5,184 x 3,456 pixels. 

I was already thinking of getting a higher quality telescopic lens so I might try that first to see how much of a difference it makes. Then decide if i want thennew camera too

3 hours ago, GStraats said:

My current camera is 1080p and 5,184 x 3,456 pixels. 

I was already thinking of getting a higher quality telescopic lens so I might try that first to see how much of a difference it makes. Then decide if i want thennew camera too

Thanks, I know how to check Google for your camera specs.

You should actually answer questions if you want to receive good help.

Why do you want a higher resolution camera?

Do you want to improve your photo quality? Higher resolution camera won't fix that.

Do you want to crop more? Higher resolution camera will fix that.

What is it about the photos that you want to improve? Is it too noisy? Is it too blurry?

Your problem could be user error and not a camera problem. You could upload sample photos and tell us why you're unsatisfied.

It is a common issue that people come here and ask for solutions, but they do not put in any effort to explaining what their problem is.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |