Any locals that can help me out?

Christaky

I flew in from Miami, Florida, USA. Got to my hotel and bam, we lost power. Its been hours and no luck yet. I found the number to BC Hydro but they couldn't help me report the outage because I wasn't their customer.

Anyways, does anyone know where I can buy a portable fan? Amazon doesn't seem to want to ship anything within one day and Best Buy doesn't show anything suitable in-stock online. I know Wally World has some but that's North Vancouver and I'm trying to stay in Downtown (not trying to waste 2 hours round trip on public transit). Are there any store local that sells portable fans?

P.S. For anyone curious, I think we lost a hot/neutral leg. Some rooms were reporting weird power situations (TV beeping, light barely comes on, ect). I don't think the power company is going to be much help.

When you say portable fans, do you mean ones that around your neck or ones for your room?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

If the hotel is without power and it's the responsibility of BC Hydro, I assure you that the hotel staff have reported it to BC Hydro.

If the hotel itself is having power issues unrelated to the utility, I assure you that hotel staff have contacted the necessary contractors.

What you should be doing however is talking to customer service about possible compensation.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

There's a London Drugs on Georgia at Granville.