Installed a new gpu and im getting a black screen

ItsDestini
Go to solution Solved by ItsDestini,

Ty but yeah the solution wqs to swap the ram somehow the ram simply died lol and after putting in the speaker and getting beep error codes I found out the solution.Ty regardless

Hello there, so the situation is following: My friend gave me a new gpu (1650 palit ).My initial gpu was 1050ti and pretty much after going to safe mode and running ddu I clicked the clean and shutdown option. After doing that I put the new gpu and Im constantly getting a black screen without having any signal. I tried pulling the hdmi in out and when doing it upon putting it back I get a white light on the monitor and ofc no signal, then I put it back and get the white light again and no signal. Ps. before putting a new gpu I tried it without using ddu so I just put the new gpu and didnt work. Now even my 1050ti isnt working.

14 minutes ago, ItsDestini said:

Hello there, so the situation is following: My friend gave me a new gpu (1650 palit ).My initial gpu was 1050ti and pretty much after going to safe mode and running ddu I clicked the clean and shutdown option. After doing that I put the new gpu and Im constantly getting a black screen without having any signal. I tried pulling the hdmi in out and when doing it upon putting it back I get a white light on the monitor and ofc no signal, then I put it back and get the white light again and no signal. Ps. before putting a new gpu I tried it without using ddu so I just put the new gpu and didnt work. Now even my 1050ti isnt working.

Check if you plugged your gpu in the pcie slot correctly. Make sure the pin made a click and check the power connectors are througly inserted.

24 minutes ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

Check if you plugged your gpu in the pcie slot correctly. Make sure the pin made a click and check the power connectors are througly inserted.

Tried doing that and yeah still, although like I didnt screw in like the gpu screw for the bracket cause idk efficiency doubt thats the issue?

7 minutes ago, ItsDestini said:

Tried doing that and yeah still, although like I didnt screw in like the gpu screw for the bracket cause idk efficiency doubt thats the issue?

Try clearing CMOS after switching cards as well. Does the 1650 even have external power?

24 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Try clearing CMOS after switching cards as well. Does the 1650 even have external power?

Interesting solution, ty but I dont think that the 1650 has external power

18 hours ago, ItsDestini said:

Please screw in the gpu. Apart from safely securing it to the motherboard and making sure it doesn't fall out, it might help with the signal. Even if doesn't work please keep it screwed in since we don't want a (more) broken gpu on our hands.

Also, did you check if the 1650 was working before installing it in your system? Have you tried plugging it in another motherboard?

Ty but yeah the solution wqs to swap the ram somehow the ram simply died lol and after putting in the speaker and getting beep error codes I found out the solution.Ty regardless